PDA

View Full Version : Tony Robles - 2004 BCA Champion!

Harold Acosta
05-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Tony Robles is the Man! He is the newly crowned 2004 Mens 9 Ball BCA Champion!

My most Heartfelt Congratulations to Tony Robles for going undefeated during the tournament and winning convincingly the 2004 BCA Title this year by beating Dennis Coulter, Danny Hewitt, Johnny Archer, George Breedlove, Rodney Morris and Santos Sambajon!

We (Puerto Ricans) are proud of Tony Robles and we were all rooting for him during the entire tournament.

Been trying to get a hold of him but his cell-phone mail box is full. If anyone can contact him, please let him know that I've been trying to get a hold of him!

Once Again, Congratulations Tony!

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

cuechick
05-22-2004, 07:09 PM
I am so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=) Yeah, TONY!!!!!!

PQQLK9
05-22-2004, 08:32 PM
It could not have happened to a nicer guy.
Congratulations to Tony.

9 Ball Girl
05-22-2004, 10:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr>Been trying to get a hold of him but his cell-phone mail box is full. If anyone can contact him, please let him know that I've been trying to get a hold of him!<hr /></blockquote>

Done. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
05-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks Wendy. I sent him an email but will be calling again today.

cueball1950
05-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Harold....congratulations to Tony Robles and all of Puerto Rico for his win and for their support of Tony. He has finally broken thru and won the big one.
Now if only he would come play the OPEN in Sept. and make all of his supporters proud. I have always,without hesitation, supported Tony and his game, as some people on here can attest to, but lately have become disallusioned with his game and his not playing in the Open out of Loyalty to Mr. Williams. But he should also respect the people who root and follow his carreer closely. Anyway, congratulations To Tony. Now come play the Jos tour next week..lol............mike

Chris Cass
05-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Hi Harold,

No news to me. I knew he was going to take it off. It couldn't happen to a more gracious gentleman. A true class act and one whom I respect and admire. It's not all about Tony. After talking to him, I could tell he's about everyone and I hope he enjoys his win.

Regards,

C.C.~~thanked Tony for signing my card when I needed the support bad. God helps those who give the best to others in need.

Barbara
05-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Mike,

You mean Tony's not going to play in the US Open?

Barbara

p.s. Yay Tony!!! Way to go!!!

9 Ball Girl
05-23-2004, 03:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>Now if only he would come play the OPEN in Sept. and make all of his supporters proud. <hr /></blockquote>Oh Mike, you never know who will show up this year... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy&lt;---teehee

cueball1950
05-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Wendy...you are right, i asked him at Vally orge and he said "Maybe" he would play.
Barbara: Since Charlie Williams has been boycotting, staying away, what ever you call it. Tony has been absent from the Open.
I love and adore Tony's game and his demeanor, and the love he has for everyone. I just hope he plays in the Open this year................................mike

Eric.
05-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Definitely, a big way-to-go for Tony!

I'll tell ya this, after watching some of his matches last week, his win was no fluke. Tony was dominant and consistant the whole week. Also, beating Johnny, Rodney and Santos twice to go undefeated is a hell of a performance. Good job.

Eric