PDA

View Full Version : New BCA League and the ACS discussions

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2004, 08:58 PM
I sat down and listened and took some notes.

I had an experience Friday of spending 4 hours in the same room as Mark Griffin, Stephen Ducoff (EVP BCA) and about 50 League Operators (most from the USA and a few from Canada)

Lots of hard feelings from the LOs that didn't know what was going on about the sale of their league, and some had heard from the APA LO's that the BCA League had been SOLD. "Why didn't the BCA offer to sell it to the LOs? and State BCA reps"
Really poor communications by the BCA board of directors. Stephen Ducoff admitted that there had been some very bad decisions and mistakes made by the BCA BOD. But, he was bound by the BOD to not disclose any more information.

I also found out that one of the Board members of the new ACS league was Mr. Rudder (multiple State LO from the north east) also bid on the BCA League, but pulled out. (Mr. Rudder knew about the sale and didn't tell anyone in the NE BCA membership) Mr. Rudder claims in that the BCA (in this months Inside Pool Letter to the editor) couldn't sell the league that they don't even OWN. Yet he was one of the bidders! How is this credible for him and his new org.

John Lewis was FIRED by the BCA BOD for not doing what he was suppose to do. Mark Griffin offered John Lewis the same position in the new BCA League. Mr. Lewis turned it down.

I also applied for running the California State BCA local/regional and State BCA torunaments for 2004-2005. This isn't as big as it sounds. But, there is only 15 State BCA reps and 35 States without any State reps. You can get a signup sheet for your state online at www.bcaleague.com. (http://www.bcaleague.com.)

The Canadian LOs were told that they cannot be dual sanctioned. Canadian ACS or NOTHING.

The BCA League has declared dual sanctioning "to be incouraged" Pool players should have the right to make their own decisions. Not a board of directors.

It was a very informative meeting.

BTW, John Lewis and some of his board members were not allowed at the BCA tournament.
But, Mr. Lewis did campout at a neighboring hotel and let every BCA LO know where he was. I'm not sure how many LOs went to the ACS meetings. I would like to hear from any of them that did.

Barbara
05-23-2004, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>I also found out that one of the Board members of the new ACS league was Mr. Rudder (multiple State LO from the north east) also bid on the BCA League, but pulled out. (Mr. Rudder knew about the sale and didn't tell anyone in the NE BCA membership) Mr. Rudder claims in that the BCA (in this months Inside Pool Letter to the editor) couldn't sell the league that they don't even OWN. Yet he was one of the bidders! How is this credible for him and his new org.

<hr /></blockquote>

On the BD news page (p. 12), the ACS is being touted as a "not-for-profit" organization. James Ruder is a for-profit LO. In fact, he tried to start a WPBA Regional Tour in the NE and even went so far as to advertise it on a webpage and promised "to pay out half the prize fund". HA! To get sanctioned to hold WPBA Qualifiers you are obligated to pay out 100% of the prize fund. I wish I could hang onto half of the prize funds I hand out! Heck, I'd be making $1000 a tournament!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That was a very informative post, Tom, Thank you.

Barbara

pooltchr
05-24-2004, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I wish I could hang onto half of the prize funds I hand out! Heck, I'd be making $1000 a tournament!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I agree! If I could do that, I could quit my day job and do nothing but run tournaments!

Tom...Thanks! Great summary of the events!