PDA

View Full Version : How About That Hsing Huang?

9 Ball Girl
05-23-2004, 09:25 PM
I was just checking through the WPBA brackets and wanted to see who she beat to get to 4th place. Way to go to her! Her highest finish!

cuechick
05-24-2004, 07:22 AM
That was not fluke...she may not as 'flashy' as Ga Young Kim, but she is just as good, maybe better. She seems far more disciplined as well. She is going to be big...

UWPoolGod
05-24-2004, 09:33 AM
I have watched her play in some of the NWPA events in the Northwest. She is very smooth. Not very flashy, just gets ball to ball and eventually the table is empty. Wish I worked the ball like that.

9 Ball Girl
05-24-2004, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Not very flashy, just gets ball to ball and eventually the table is empty.<hr /></blockquote>That's all that matters.

Wendy~~believes looks and personality come second to skills.

Kato
05-24-2004, 03:44 PM
I've seen her play in Florida. She's strong and consistent. Very good for tournament play.

Kato

Barbara
05-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Yep, she blew into my neck of the woods two years ago for the NJ State 9-ball Championships at Castle Billiards. She came in 5/6th with an extremely strong WPBA-filled field that featured Vivian, Monica, Helena, Jeanette Lee, Kelly O., and Dawn Hopkins.

Jeanette won and Hsin won the US Open Qualifier.

Barbara

BCgirl
05-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Hsin has been around in Vancouver for a while now. A few of the top pro's here with strong connections in Japan/Korea/Taiwain occasionally bring along some of the best players from that neck of the woods. I've seen Hsin dominate them. She's pretty much stamped her name on the NW womens tournaments, but even more impressive, she has some very strong showings in some quality mixed fields.

You always hear of players who are a shoo-in for wiping out Allison and Karen, but they just seem to fall apart on the tour. Hopefully, she has the right work ethic and determination to get there. Not sure if she'll find the last pitch that easy, but I do think she will find a home in the top ranks.

BCgirl

UWPoolGod
05-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Hsin has been around in Vancouver for a while now. A few of the top pro's here with strong connections in Japan/Korea/Taiwain occasionally bring along some of the best players from that neck of the woods. I've seen Hsin dominate them. She's pretty much stamped her name on the NW womens tournaments, but even more impressive, she has some very strong showings in some quality mixed fields. &lt;-- BCgirl

Yeah you have both some very strong young talent from B.C.. I watched a NWPA tourney at Dr. Cues a little over a year ago I think and there were 3 or 4 very strong women from up there including Hsin, Katherine Czarkowski (sp if right?) etc. And young guns on the mens side like Mike Vidas, Simon Pickering etc. A very good talent pool up there.

Pelican
05-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Just curious, is she Heswell's sister /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif