PDA

View Full Version : FYI, Introducing OnePocket.org

NH_Steve
05-24-2004, 07:58 AM
It is my pleasure to announce the launching of a new web site, OnePocket.org, which is dedicated to the promotion of the game of One Pocket. You can check it out here:
http://onepocket.org/index.html

Founded by a confirmed One Pocket addict, the basic concept is to provide a not-for-profit public service to the One Pocket community, planting the seeds for a grass roots One Pocket network. Of course, it will be ‘under construction’ for a while.

From the OnePocket.org Mission Statement:
· To provide a comprehensive internet resource to help all One Pocket players improve their level of play
· To educate and encourage all One Pocket fans to further their enjoyment and spectator participation in the game
· To facilitate networking and cooperation between One Pocket players, promoters and fans for the purpose of helping the game of One Pocket grow in popularity, and helping One Pocket events to be more successful
· To maintain standardized rules for One Pocket play
· To uphold and promote the dignity of the game in a manner that encourages new player, promoter and fan participation in One Pocket
· To recognize individuals or businesses that have especially contributed to the game of One Pocket over a significant period of time

OnePocket.org is offered to the One Pocket community as an internet nexus for all things One Pocket. It is a great game, and the more players that take it up, the better for all of us that have already discovered it. If you take an interest in One Pocket, you are invited to join OnePocket.org. It’s free, it’s easy, it’s painless, and it should prove worth your while if you are a One Pocket fan!

Thanks for tolerating this ‘promotional’ notice, but please note OnePocket.org is NOT a commercial site!

DennyS
05-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Looks like it's going to be a nice site. Thanks

Fred Agnir
05-24-2004, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote NH_Steve:</font><hr> It is my pleasure to announce the launching of a new web site, OnePocket.org, which is dedicated to the promotion of the game of One Pocket. You can check it out here:
http://onepocket.org/index.html<hr /></blockquote>Beautiful. Long time coming. Great job.

Fred

PQQLK9
05-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Good news...thanks

Ross
05-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Nice job, Steve. I e-mailed you a couple of suggestions. You can ignore them like my ex-wife used to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Leviathan
05-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Good idea, Steve, and well executed. I'm looking forward to comparing your rules with the BCA rules line by line.

Alan S

Chris Cass
05-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Hey Steve,

Not bad but right about now I'm pulling my hair out with this log in and user password stuff. I can't do it and it's driving me insane. I give up.

Regards,

C.C.

RailbirdJAM
05-25-2004, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>Not bad but right about now I'm pulling my hair out with this log in and user password stuff. I can't do it and it's driving me insane. I give up.<hr /></blockquote>

I encountered the same problem. When I was assigned a password via e-mail from the website, I followed the instructions. I have logged in with my user name and password and it says "Thank you for logging in..." and then promptly returns me back to the discussion forum NOT logged in. I have tried turning cookies on and off, et cetera, all the usual stumbling blocks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

In my case, I'm thinking it's an AOL incompatibility problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RailbirdJAM

Tom_In_Cincy
05-26-2004, 01:41 AM
NH_Steve is in California playing in the Hard Times Billiards One Pocket tournament. He's on the one loss side and scheduled to play Ronnie Allen tomorrow.

I will pass on the problems that have been reported. They sound familiar.

Steve is a good player and is very passionate about One Pocket. I look for good things to come out of that website.
I registered last weekend.

Vagabond
05-26-2004, 05:26 AM
Howdy,
Unless I put the name of the person who refered me to this organization it was not allowing me to register.Any info will be appreciated.cheers
vagabond

#### leonard
05-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Chris I see our old buddy Smorgesbored posting on that site. I didn't try signing on it usually takes me to long and I give up.####

Rich R.
05-26-2004, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Howdy,
Unless I put the name of the person who refered me to this organization it was not allowing me to register.Any info will be appreciated.cheers
vagabond <hr /></blockquote>
Vagabond, although I tried to put Steve's name in that spot, it did not accept it. I deleted it and I was able to leave that entry blank, when I retgistered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
05-26-2004, 07:27 AM
I didn't and it let me.

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-26-2004, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hey Steve,

Not bad but right about now I'm pulling my hair out with this log in and user password stuff. I can't do it and it's driving me insane. I give up.

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Finally, Heide helped me out. Turns out that the password was screwed up. So, after receiving my email from the site it gave me a number. That # was my password. Now, I'm in and have to look for the stupid # everytime. So, what I did was match the numbers to my phone buttons and now I just have to punch that in. LOL

RailJam, this is for you.

Regards,

C.C.~~only wanted to say something is all and all this stuff I have to do. Geezzzzz reminds me of here. LOL

John in NH
05-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Steve,

Great beginning on what will surely be a great web site.

See you when you get back from California.

Regards,

John

Ralph S.
05-26-2004, 02:01 PM
I have just registered and will be doing more research of the site. I do like what I see to this point. Job well done.

Vagabond
05-26-2004, 09:26 PM
I took your advice.I am now registered.cheers
Vagabond

Rod
05-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey Steve, nice site. I'll register soon, just went over to check it out.

Rod

NH_Steve
05-28-2004, 08:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Howdy,
vagabond <hr /></blockquote>Vagabond,
I'm hoping you ended up getting up and running alright. Unfortunatly for you I'm out here in CA for the HardTimes tournament and can't do too much at the admin level for a few more days. I will personally make sure you get through when I return!

I did notice that on the Home Page, both the Register &amp; Contact links actually go to the pre-launch site -- oops. The Register links at About Us and within the Forum itself are okay. Anyone going to register in the next few days, avoid the Home Page links, sorry! I'll also review the whole sign up settings upon return to see if anything can be simplified from here on out. Thanks for your patience!

All of you, thanks for all your kind words -- geez, now I feel the burden of expectations setting in, LOL.