PDA

View Full Version : Predator price?

05-03-2002, 05:23 AM
With all the talk about Predators I was just wondering what is the going price. I paid $150.00 each for the two with black joint and silver ring that I use on my Schons. I also have one on my Meucci 97-27 I bought for $130.00. It was a partial. I had the joint matched by my local cue maker for $50.00.

Jerry S.

Kato
05-03-2002, 06:27 AM
Did you buy new or used? I can't find 'em for less than $175.

Kato~~~pray for new, pray for new

jjinfla
05-03-2002, 06:49 AM
$175 on line - $200 if you patronize your local dealer. And if you mike the joint the on-line seller will attempt to match it. Jake

Cuemage
05-03-2002, 06:07 PM
What's tha website?

Have spare couple huns layin around.

Tha Cuemage

05-03-2002, 06:11 PM
Seyberts.com

05-04-2002, 05:16 AM
Kato I bought the shafts new. I have sent you an email telling you how to get in touch with the person.

Jerry S.

05-04-2002, 02:17 PM
You paid a very good price. I paid $175.00 for mine.

05-04-2002, 08:55 PM
If you have the time I would appreciate an E-Mail on who to contact. Those type of prices would let me get a shaft and pool shooting glass's !

05-05-2002, 12:59 PM
i had a post very similar to this about a week ago. the general collective response was pretty much: "just go buy one at a pool hall and pay the money..shut up already ;-)". i bought an early predator shaft for far less than they are going for now. i think that's the main reason i have trouble with paying so much for something now mass-producred. i was happy with it but not nearly to the level so many posters seem to be on this board. i suspect that the shafts are more refined and better now. mine, by eye, has 12 splices not 10. maybe i got mine too early, it was purchased years ago at a billiards expo in New Orleans. i'm now in the market for a new predator shaft for my aging Meucci hof-6(my re-discovered favorite cue). i've always thought that the butt of a cue makes little if any differance but my thoughts on that are changing. the hof-6 fits my game now like no other cue has..i've got three shafts for it, one local custom, the original, and a red-dot(my favorite). weird as hell that i like it so much now..i never liked the overly soft hit very much in the 8 years i've had the cue.
anyway, before i get even more unnecessarily wordy, please add me to the growing list of "where can i get a predator shaft for less than 175 dollars?". i would greatly appreciate an e-mail if you don't want to post. also i give my word i won't post of share the info given.
best regards and someone please give me a link,
^v^

Rip
05-05-2002, 03:09 PM
You can buy Predator second quality shafts for $140 from Seybert's at http://www.seyberts.com/predator/14thread.htm

According to their website, these are not defective shafts, just a slight color imperfection in the shaft. I've never seen a perfect shaft to begin with! Hope this helps, Rip

Harold Acosta
05-05-2002, 08:18 PM
My opinion is that Predator Shafts are over-rated. If you are happy with the red dot stick with it. The price of the new Predator Shafts are not worth it.

My two "centavos" on this issue, again!