PDA

View Full Version : Gold Crown Model?

shark
05-25-2004, 02:03 PM
I just bought a Brunswick G.C., the guy I bought it from thought it was a G.C.2 but wasn't sure. All it says is Gold Crown, it has a model # AR 6100 if thats any help.

RedHell
05-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Here's what I found with a quick google search...

[ QUOTE ]
In development since 1958, it’s the debut year of the AR6100 series Gold Crown® table. Destined to become the finest table ever made, it set new standards for the industry. Refinements and upgrades over the next 30 plus years bring the table to the ultimate Gold Crown IV®, unmatched in reputation, preferred by professionals, used in tournaments and exhibitions worldwide.

<hr /></blockquote>

So my guess is a GCI...

Brunswick info (http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/history/timeline.html)

Frank_Glenn
05-25-2004, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Here's what I found with a quick google search...

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
In development since 1958, it’s the debut year of the AR6100 series Gold Crown® table. Destined to become the finest table ever made, it set new standards for the industry. Refinements and upgrades over the next 30 plus years bring the table to the ultimate Gold Crown IV®, unmatched in reputation, preferred by professionals, used in tournaments and exhibitions worldwide.

<hr /></blockquote>

So my guess is a GCI...

Brunswick info (http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/history/timeline.html) <hr /></blockquote>

I GC I has plastic lining under and around the ball return rails (if it has ball return) that makes it hard to get to a stuck ball, the GC II doesn't have this. Even if it is not there, the holes where it was originally there should still be evident (I removed mine pretty quickly after I got the table). A GC I will not have the adjustable feet if it is a true GC I, but they will fit from the GC II, so some do have them. The skirt is deeper on the GC I. My GC-I has aluminum corners (stamped out) and trim. On the GC II I think the corners are pot metal (cast). Side by side it is easy to see the little differences. Describing them, it is not so easy.

shark
05-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Thank you all for the info but I'm still a little confused. It is an AR 6100 does that mean its a G.C.1. It does have adjustable feet, it doesn't have a lining on the ball return and I dont see any holes to show ones been taken off and the corners look like aluminum to me. are G.C.2's also model #AR 6100?

Frank_Glenn
05-25-2004, 10:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shark:</font><hr> Thank you all for the info but I'm still a little confused. It is an AR 6100 does that mean its a G.C.1. It does have adjustable feet, it doesn't have a lining on the ball return and I dont see any holes to show ones been taken off and the corners look like aluminum to me. are G.C.2's also model #AR 6100? <hr /></blockquote>

I "think" the AR6100 means it is a Gold Crown model. There are currently 4, the I, II, III, &amp; IV. My GC I is 9.5" from the bottom of the skirt to the top of the aluminum trim at the widest part. If yours is different, it is not a GC I.

BooBoo
05-26-2004, 04:40 AM
My friend has a Gold Crown with the ar6100 tag on the stretcher. It's an original. I don't think there is actually a GCI. This refers to an original so over time people get confused. It's just a designation people have put on them to seperate the different versions. imo

Chris Cass
05-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Just curious, does it have ashtrays on the corner pockets?

C.C.~~likes the GC 1920' calender models w/ the mother of pearl inlays in the legs and trim. Damm those play so straight.

Frank_Glenn
05-26-2004, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BooBoo:</font><hr> My friend has a Gold Crown with the ar6100 tag on the stretcher. It's an original. I don't think there is actually a GCI. This refers to an original so over time people get confused. It's just a designation people have put on them to seperate the different versions. imo <hr /></blockquote>

OK, I just looked, and mine has the AR 6100 Series sticker on the stretcher, too. Mine is a GC I

Chris Cass
05-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi Frank,

I think booboo is refering to the name that came out first was just, Gold Crown. It wasn't till the next model that came out they named the Gold Crown II. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif That made the original Gold Crown the GCI. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Does that make sence? LOL I think the Lincoln "Mark" was the same deal?

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
05-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Chris,

I had three that had ashtrays. What a pain. Anyway they were Vicount models. Did GC ever have ashtrays? I didn't think they did, but what do I know?? lol

Rod

Chris Cass
05-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi Rod,

Yep they did. I remember the bowling alley had them. I didn't care for them either and didn't use them when playing but they do make a nice collector sales advantage I assumme.

Regards,

C.C.

shark
05-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks Frank, I just measured mine it 9" from the bottom of the skirt to the top of the aluminum. So I guess it is a G.C.2. (no ashtrays thankfully). Which brings up another question. Were there any significant changes or improvements between the G.C.1 and 2?

Chris Cass
05-26-2004, 10:04 PM
I believe the GCII had adjustable feet. The ashtrays were aluminum and fit inside the corner caps. Nobody with a brain would use them while playing but they were removable too if need be.

C.C.