PDA

View Full Version : New Pool Room

rackmup
05-03-2002, 06:16 AM
When you first pull into the parking lot, you just know this place is different. The parking lot is clean with well defined parking spaces, all beneath the shady canopy of large trees.

The front of the building is fairly non-descript; red brick exterior accented by oak columns near the doorway. The entrance is a double door, solid oak and 10 feet tall. As you step inside, there is a foyer that has a place for umbrellas and coats. It is manned by a nice young lady who takes your jacket and provides you with a claim check. Anything else you wish to leave here will be protected in it's own locker, secured by lock and key. Tips are appreciated.

As you emerge from the foyer, you are greeted by a sedately colored gray carpeting and the sounds of balls being broken and pocketed. The 40 tables are all 9' Diamonds with impeccable green Simonis 860. Each table has a wooden rack that gives a great rack every game. The balls are polished each night and are void of scratches and gouges. Fresh Masters chalk (in traditional blue and the softer green) are at each table. When finished with your game, take a few cubes with you. It's not only allowed, but encouraged.

There is a sign posted that reads: "DO NOT TAP THE HEAD BALL TO SET THE RACK. THIS IS THE REASON YOU CAN'T GET A SOLID RACK AT THE OTHER POOL ROOMS IN TOWN. VIOLATERS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE." There is even a smaller back room with six tables that is the designated "Non-Smokers" area.

The room has comfortable stools with back and foot rests, padded arms and seat. The seat is deep enough so as to allow you to sit back and relax. There are also standard chairs and tables for you to sit at while you eat.

No matter where you are playing, there is a wide rail for you to place your drink on. The rails also have built-in cues holders that safely secure your "weaponry." Beneath the rails are both hooks and a ledge, for you to hang or lay your cue case. If that isn't sufficient, the coat-check room will gladly store your case for you. Just provide them with your drivers license and case and they will be returned to you upon your departure.

In one corner of the room is the pro-shop. It is about 500 square feet and offers just about anything you could need for your game. Cue repairs are available also. Pool instruction videos are available for your personal viewing on any of the three monitors in the instruction area (a small, $5.00 security deposit is required.) Speaking of instruction, this area of the place has four Diamond tables, video monitoring and a classroom-like setting. Instruction is provided by a BCA Master Instructor and each month he invites a "guest" instructor in for a free seminar on various aspects of the game to all who wish to attend. Lessons are available one-on-one or in groups of no more than six. They are amazingly affordable too.

Upstairs is the place where all of the "action" is. Six Diamond tables, a bar and a lounge area with comfortable leather seating and a 60" television. "Stake Horses" line the rails nightly with pockets of cash as the "positioning" takes place. The action is always friendly and frequent.

Food and drinks are always available, from the coldest beer to the tenderest of steaks, the food is excellent and available 24 hours per day. The chef is recognized as one of the best in town.

The bar is huge, seats 50 or more, is made of solid oak with a granite top. 75 varieties of beer from around the world are available along with wine and mixed drinks. The stools are padded with armrests and backs for a "prolonged" stay if needed.

There are weekly tournaments as well as league play. Wednesday night is "Ladies Night" with $1.00 well, wine and draft" from 6PM-1AM. Free table time for all ladies, all of the time. "Happy Hour" is everyday from 5PM-7PM. "Two-for-one" appetizers are available during this time. Had too much to drink? They will gladly pay your cab fare to get you home safely.

For those of you that cannot frequent the pool room as often as you like because of "family responsibilities", there is a day care, separated by a wall from the pool room, where certified child care personnel are available for a very reasonable fee ($3.00 per hour, including snacks.) They offer plenty of activities to keep your children busy, allowing you to completely focus on your game. The day-care center is open from 7AM to 10PM, seven days per week and is available to anyone.

Valet parking is available each Friday and Saturday evening from 6PM-3AM.

The room is full of very effective "smoke eaters" and is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. This is one place where, upon your exit, you won't smell like you just stood in the center of a campfire.

The place is centrally located, with easy freeway access from anywhere in the area. I have listed directions below.

Take the long and winding road into my mind, stop and enjoy the possibility that the place could really exist and know it will, once I hit that big LOTTO jackpot.

By the way...table time is ALWAYS free for CCB Regulars.

Regards and see you soon at "Ken's Korner Pocket Billiards."

Ken (owner and dreamer of the best pool room in the Metroplex)

jjinfla
05-03-2002, 06:39 AM
Keep buying those lottery tickets Ken and one day your dream may come true. Jake

Tom_In_Cincy
05-03-2002, 04:24 PM
Pool hall burns to the ground....5000 men left homeless

rackmup
05-03-2002, 05:19 PM
Perish that thought!

Ken

Troy
05-03-2002, 06:48 PM
You really ARE a teasin' SOB Ken..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

05-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Geez Ken,
I'd tell you that you suck for putting that warm cozy image in our heads, but then you'd probably go and hit it, and I'd be the only CCBer banned!!! By the way, can I bring a date??

rackmup
05-06-2002, 06:04 AM
Of course you can bring a date. And to update you on a few design changes:

The existing pool room will have the aforementioned daycare center on the north end of the facility. It will have an entirely seperate entrance and will be open to anyone. The thought is the income generated from daycare will help sustain the pool room.

On the south end of the pool room will be an adjoining coffee house, with an entrance from the pool room, also open everyday of the week. We will serve fresh coffee, baked goods, etc. The seating for the coffee house will be inside the pool room...buttery soft leather sofas and club chairs with ottomans, the daily newspaper will be available and in the winter, a roaring fireplace will be there to warm your toes. A frosted glass partition will seperate the seating area from immediate view of the pool room, to create a cozy retreat for those needing a break from that last 11-1 beating on the Diamond 9-footer.

Ahh yes..."Ken's Korner Pocket Billiards", "The Railbird Coffee House" and "Texas Express Daycare"...

...just need those winning Lotto numbers.

(By the way...The pool room will open everyday at 10AM, Daycare and the coffee house at 6AM.)

Regards,

Ken (proprieter of the big dream)

Doctor_D
05-06-2002, 06:17 AM
Good morning Pookie:

I have a "Deal" for you.

If you win the lottery you can open your pool room after you pay up all the back alimony you owe me. Then, since you will be wealthy twice over, I should never have to chase you for the payments ever again.

If I win the lottery, I will forgive all missed and future alimony payments. Additionally, I will open your dream room here in the NYC area and relocate you and your family to New York so that YOU can work and slave for me at my room.

So tell me, how does that sound to you ?

Dr. D.

rackmup
05-06-2002, 06:36 AM
If the Lotto winnings are large enough, we'll open a room here AND in NYC. We will tap your business expertise and become partners, we will spend time flying back-and-forth to each location, together, to monitor the success of our businesses, my family and yours will spend weekends together at our "little place" in the Hamptons, sunning on the deck, me clad in my pale yellow Polo oxford, white linen slacks and leather sandals and the gals in frilly dresses and floppy hats, drinking wine and nibbling on Beluga caviar. Then, one day, while discussing our next opening, we will look into each other's eyes and remember what brought us together many years ago. We will sneak off to the upstairs bedroom and...

Regards,

Ken (I don't smoke but if I did, I would need a cigarette)

Rich R.
05-06-2002, 06:41 AM
Rackmup, you better re-read the post from your EX. She did not say anything about being partners. She said you would be her slave. LMAO.
Rich R.~~~read the fine print before you sign.

Doctor_D
05-06-2002, 06:50 AM
Dear Pookie:

Partnership, maybe - if you win the lottery; slave - definitely. As far as going "upstairs", you lost your license for that years ago!

Dr. D.

rackmup
05-06-2002, 06:57 AM
She can try to hide it. She can attempt to suppress it. She can deny it and lie about it all she wants.

But, in her heart (and in her loins), she misses what we once shared and craves what she no longer has. Her life has not been the same and it is our renewed relationship here at the CCB that has rekindled the thoughts of those days past.

She can never forgive herself for choosing the life of a successful business woman and the lure of pool on the road for what we had, in that little trailer park in southern Arkansas and the romantic nights in the carport, sitting on the trunk of the 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner, drinking beer and looking at the stars, waiting for the blood bank to open so we could go, together, to sell plasma for our meal money. We didn't have much but we did have each other (and new curtains for the trailer on layaway at K-Mart.) She misses that simple life.

Upstairs, downstairs, wherever. She knows she wants it and will do all she can to fight that incessant craving that keeps her awake at night, wondering...

(A recent photo of Ken & Dr. D., together, outside the pool room where she played her last tournament, proof that she needs me, regardless of what she says here.)
http://www.spysupply007.com/Celebrity_Pics/John_Travolta/Grease1_tiny.JPG

Regards,

Ken (Dr. D's "Pookie")

Rich R.
05-06-2002, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>
She can never forgive herself for choosing the life of a successful business woman and the lure of pool on the road for what we had, in that little trailer park in southern Arkansas and the romantic nights in the carport, sitting on the trunk of the 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner, drinking beer and looking at the stars, waiting for the blood bank to open so we could go, together, to sell plasma for our meal money. We didn't have much but we did have each other (and new curtains for the trailer on layaway at K-Mart.) She misses that simple life.<hr></blockquote>
You have said it all. Now I understand why she left you. Rich R.~~~LMAO.