PDA

View Full Version : Pool tournament

sigep1967
05-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Does anybody know if Jim Bobs in Gulfport MS still has the small 9-ball tourney on Sunday afternoons? I will be down there this weekend and might play in it if it is going to happen. Will probably get the hell beat out of me but it might be fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cycopath
05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Don't know, but here's their number if you'd like to call.

228-896-9193

I'm planning on making their Southeast Open 9 Ball Tour event in August, don't know if I'll make there prior to that. I probably should just to familiarize myself with the place. The only time I've been there was about 2 months ago, and they wouldn't let me or my brother in because we had temporary id's. Both had just been renewed. I understand rules are rules, but my god, I'm a 32 yr old man standing there with my 60 yr old father and I can't go in a friggin' pool hall.

P.S. Alabama temp ID's do have your pic on them. They just wouldn't take it because it was paper.

PQQLK9
05-27-2004, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> The only time I've been there was about 2 months ago, and they wouldn't let me or my brother in because we had temporary id's. Both had just been renewed. I understand rules are rules, but my god, I'm a 32 yr old man standing there with my 60 yr old father and I can't go in a friggin' pool hall.

P.S. Alabama temp ID's do have your pic on them. They just wouldn't take it because it was paper. <hr /></blockquote>

I am confused ??? What is an Alabama ID and why do you need one in Miss at 32 years of age ?

cycopath
05-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Actually by "id or identification" I mean drivers license. Sorry for the confusion.

sigep1967
05-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't let you in the door? The only time I have been there they didn't check ID's. It is a pretty nice place Kim Steel 9 footers and Brunswick Medalist 8 footers ( i think) and several Daimond smart tables for bar boxes. The tables could have used new cloth but not to bad. They have a small tournament every Sun. I guess I will try to play in it while down there visiting the parents.