PDA

View Full Version : Steve Ellis-Vegas!

CarolNYC
05-27-2004, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even in NYC you have central park. If I don't see trees growing naturally I'm just not going to be impressed with the landscape. Desert scapes do nothing at all for me, too barren. I seem to remember more like a 100 degrees when I've been there. I'll take a weekend trip to the White Mountains of NH over Vegas any day. Except in December that is, then I'll just stay home .
I know I'm the oddball here, most people I know love Vegas as you do, but for me it just doesn't hack it.
<hr /></blockquote>

Steve,
As you may or may not know, New York City is made up of 5 boroughs-generally, when people say "NYC" they are speaking of Manhatten-when someone asks me where I play pool (Corner Billiards) my answer would be "Manhatten" not NYC-see what I mean?
I live on Staten Island ,which is closer to Jersey, so if your coming or going to Jersey or anyother borough by bridge, you have to come through SI-otherwise the Holland or Lincoln Tunnels!Manhatten is 23 miles from me and depending on the time of day, I can get there in 20 minutes or 3 hours:):):)
Oh, I look out my window and see a very big mountain, ya know what it is? One of the biggest mountains of GARBAGE in the world-the Arthur Kill Landfill-it was finally closed and now they want to make it a golf course/park! Could you imagine hitting a golf ball and it explodes from the methane gas (I think)that is emitted from the ground,ha ha ha ha! FORE!:):):)BOOM!
I dont think your an oddball at all! I know what you mean about greenery cause when we head upstate on the NY thruway during the autumn turn of the trees, its one of the most beautiful sites of nature!
I love Vegas, would I want to live there? NOPE! 10 days a year is good enough for me!
I love NY!
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
05-27-2004, 04:31 PM
I just gotta say I hate Vegas as a geographical place. It is a cement man made hell. There is nothing natural about it. A plastic playground indeed.

I took a ride in the dessert two years ago-60 miles out, 60 back and all i saw was one scraggly squirrel who looked to be on his last legs, one lizard and a single bird in the sky. A single bird!! You could be 60 miles out in the ocean and see more birds than that. Animals know Vegas is not a place to live and so do i.

Love the tournament and the pool thing though.

One last item. THE PEPPERMILL BLOWS!!!!

SteveEllis
05-27-2004, 05:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Even in NYC you have central park. If I don't see trees growing naturally I'm just not going to be impressed with the landscape. Desert scapes do nothing at all for me, too barren. I seem to remember more like a 100 degrees when I've been there. I'll take a weekend trip to the White Mountains of NH over Vegas any day. Except in December that is, then I'll just stay home .
I know I'm the oddball here, most people I know love Vegas as you do, but for me it just doesn't hack it.
<hr /></blockquote>

Steve,
As you may or may not know, New York City is made up of 5 boroughs-generally, when people say "NYC" they are speaking of Manhatten-when someone asks me where I play pool (Corner Billiards) my answer would be "Manhatten" not NYC-see what I mean?
I live on Staten Island ,which is closer to Jersey, so if your coming or going to Jersey or anyother borough by bridge, you have to come through SI-otherwise the Holland or Lincoln Tunnels!Manhatten is 23 miles from me and depending on the time of day, I can get there in 20 minutes or 3 hours:):):)
Oh, I look out my window and see a very big mountain, ya know what it is? One of the biggest mountains of GARBAGE in the world-the Arthur Kill Landfill-it was finally closed and now they want to make it a golf course/park! Could you imagine hitting a golf ball and it explodes from the methane gas (I think)that is emitted from the ground,ha ha ha ha! FORE!:):):)BOOM!
I dont think your an oddball at all! I know what you mean about greenery cause when we head upstate on the NY thruway during the autumn turn of the trees, its one of the most beautiful sites of nature!
I love Vegas, would I want to live there? NOPE! 10 days a year is good enough for me!
I love NY!
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Know what you mean about a mountain of garbage we have one of those (actually a big hill of garbage) next to where I get the train for work. All those methane spewing pipes sticking up, I couldn't image somebody putting a golf course on one no matter how big a pile it was.
One of my sons was in NYC (over by the Lincoln Center) for quite a while and he loved it, but then he got severe carpal tunnel syndrome putting him out of the graphic design business so he couldn't afford it anymore. Now he drives a cab on Nantucket and does painting in all his free time. Rough life, eh?
Nice talking to you, or is that keying to you, I don't know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve.

CarolNYC
05-28-2004, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
severe carpal tunnel syndrome <hr /></blockquote>
Im sorry to hear that!Painting isnt bad /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifI have a tattoo in mind and need someone who freehands /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Its been a pleasure "keying" with you!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
05-28-2004, 04:38 AM
Dave,
I am LMAO- a squirrel,single bird and a lizard-ha ha ha ha-I cant!Ha ha ha ha-too funny!
Just want to know, being that you travel all over, whats Montana like?
Carol~was invited to Montana! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-28-2004, 06:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> .....One last item. THE PEPPERMILL BLOWS!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

You don't like the Peppermill? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I liked it so maybe I'm just a rube. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif