PDA

View Full Version : Bad Drivers

nhp
05-27-2004, 10:36 PM
There was another topic about women driving in Saudi Arabia, but what about people in your area in general? Today I was driving home from school, and I'm going straight, and this guy cuts in front of me to make a left turn. I had to slam on my breaks to avoid hitting him. There was no cars behind me so all the guy had to do was wait about 2 seconds for me to pass. So I get near my house, and it's a small street with a single lane each way. Some lady takes a right turn onto my lane to cut me off, again I have to slow down alot to avoid hitting her. It's a 40mph zone, and she decides to go 15 mph the whole way. There were also no cars behind me, so she could have waited just a second for me to pass. I really don't get road rage, but it really does annoy me about all the bad choices drivers make. To top it off, the lady was talking on her cellphone. This kind of made me realize how dangerous it really is just to drive anywhere. Both of these times if I hadn't been paying attention there would have been an accident. People are so careless it seems. Anyone else have experiences like this?

Cueless Joey
05-27-2004, 11:08 PM
If you live in Socal, almost daily. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You have to watch if you are in a two-lane left turn.
If you're on the right, you might get sideswiped.
People ignore the red light. If there is someone in front of them chasing the red, they'd trail them. I honk my horn on them all the time to let them know they ran thru the red light. I've told my sisters that a green light doesn't mean you go right away, you STILL need to check your left side if there is no incoming car.