PDA

View Full Version : Does your better half play pool?

ashmouth
05-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Just taking a survey on the number of dual pool playing households in this forum. I just started dating this girl whom I fear, loves pool as much as I do. I find myself asking, is this this a good thing or is this a recipe for disaster?

raistlin
05-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Yep, way more seriously than me. I just enjoy shooting pool, she wants to destroy opponents!

It is a good thing because you get to spend time together doing something that you both love to do, can be bad if it starts taking over your entire life.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-28-2004, 06:42 AM
It's not a bad thing. My fiancee has been playing longer than I have. We're both 5's in APA and play on the same team.

We have a table in the basement. At least once or twice a week we will turn the stereo on and play a friendly race to 5 or 6 or whatever.

She's not obsessed like me but I am working on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
05-28-2004, 07:29 AM
My spouse says "The only thing more boring than watching people play pool is watching people fish!"

He's not much of a pool player. Won't play with me if I win; won't play with me if I lose on purpose; won't play with me with a spot. (Won't play with me if it's sunny outside; won't play with me if it's cloudy outside; won't play with me if it's raining outside; you get the picture... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

But he built me helluva pool hall! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
05-28-2004, 07:32 AM
Yes I do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

irunrax
05-28-2004, 07:32 AM
Hello. No she does not, in fact she thinks its very boring. The ironic thing is i met her while she was bartending in a local pool hall where she had been working for seven years. I got free pool for 3 of those years. I am friends with a married couple who shoot and both are quite good, but would not want that for myself.

Troy
05-28-2004, 07:40 AM
My wife has zero interest in pool, but she certainly understands my passion and lets me have it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy...~~~ Was into pool long before we met
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ashmouth:</font><hr> Just taking a survey on the number of dual pool playing households in this forum. I just started dating this girl whom I fear, loves pool as much as I do. I find myself asking, is this this a good thing or is this a recipe for disaster? <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara
05-28-2004, 07:49 AM
My sweetie plays a little and is not too bad.

But I still have to spot him 3 articles of cloth-, um balls that is, when we play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara

Barbara
05-28-2004, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
But he built me helluva pool hall! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yes he did!!!

Barbara

eg8r
05-28-2004, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not much of a pool player. Won't play with me if I win; won't play with me if I lose on purpose; won't play with me with a spot. (Won't play with me if it's sunny outside; won't play with me if it's cloudy outside; won't play with me if it's raining outside; you get the picture... )

But he built me helluva pool hall! <hr /></blockquote> He played when we all showed up one weekend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think you got a fair shake in that deal. You promise not to make him play, and he will build you an awesome pool hall. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PettyPoint Pool hall is the best.

eg8r &lt;~~~Hoping to visit some friends early next year out in Texas and hopes to make the "short" trip to Petty Point if time permits. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

catscradle
05-28-2004, 10:01 AM
She has absolutely no interest in pool, either playing or watching. However, she does like the fact that it gets me out from under her feet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-28-2004, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> My sweetie plays a little and is not too bad.

But I still have to spot him 3 articles of cloth-, um balls that is, when we play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

With that kind of a spot, he's probably already too distracted to play before the first game gets started!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

RedHell
05-28-2004, 01:22 PM
My wife never played pool before I met her and can now play a pretty good game of 8-ball and 9-ball (I'm working on OP right now but it's tough).

The good side is we are sharing an activity together.

But with time 2 things as come up.

1- She stops taking my advice and her game as stalled a little bit.
2- I don't get to play other people when we're togheter in the poolhall.

For those of you who will be at the open you'll have a chance to meet her !

sack316
05-28-2004, 01:35 PM
my on again-off again worse half plays alot. We are actually in a scotch doubles league together and on two other teams together. Of course thats always fun when we're not getting along /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Well, you'll definitely get to play a slew of others come September! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UWPoolGod
05-28-2004, 02:35 PM
The girl I am currently dating is a very good shot maker. Her father had a pool table in their house growing up. But she just uses middle ball so the ball just follows the OB untill it comes to rest and she goes for the next one. She could definitely be worked on if she wanted to get better becuase she has the eye.

dg-in-centralpa
05-28-2004, 03:38 PM
I have a table in my game room and my wife will play on occasions. If she plays, I usually play left handed to give her a chance. She isn't very good, but will play for fun.

DG - 8 days 'til the Belmont

art
05-30-2004, 08:05 PM
My boyfriend and I both are avid pool players, league and tournament wise, and it's a complete nightmare!!! We play doubles together and we are at each others throats.
We play against each other and we are still at each others throats.
We are both super competative. We played a tournament together and I drew him my 2nd match and got the 6 out and beat him and he was so mad!!! Thankfully, we ended up playing each other in the finals of the tournament and split. Back then I was rated a D player and he was an A+ (a year and a half ago) now I'm rated a B player and he's still an A+.

The funny one was when we tried to play one pocket together. He gave me a 12-4 spot and I beat him 4-1. He was livid!!! So now we don't play pool together because when I beat him he gets mad and if he beats me ( like he normally does) it brings down my self confidence and it doesn't really do anything for his game. It's just not worth fighting over.

ashmouth
06-01-2004, 05:34 PM
thank you all for the wonderful insight... some were def more insightful than others (e.g. barbara and her three articles of clothing spot)... lol

it has always been a dream of mine to meet a girl that not only shares my passion for the game but who also has the playing ability to kick my ass... call me crazy but i find that to be a huge turn on!
anyways, i appreciate all of your comments/advice but in the end, i realize that every relationship is different so i think i'm gonna play this one out and hopefully i get some lucky rolls.

if it doesn't work out, maybe i'll post a personal ad in this very forum!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif