PDA

View Full Version : Moving to CT. Where to shoot?

JDog_1
05-28-2004, 06:03 AM
I'm moving to Greenwich, CT (Fairfield County). Where are good player's rooms with tourneys and league play? Some I've found in online searches: Rackn'Roll in Stamford, Deep Pockets in Norwalk, and Boston Billiards Club in Fairfield. Looking to shoot, not a bar scene.
Any CCB'ers have experience with these clubs or others nearby?
Anything in New Rochelle or White Plains (which will also be close to me)?

Thanks,

JD

Ken
05-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Playpool.com lists 66 rooms within 25 miles of Greenwich. I've been to the CT rooms you mention. The Joss tour has an event at Rack n Roll that I've attended. It's a good players' room. Also I believe I've been to Deep Pockets in Norwalk. If it's the one I'm thinking of they have an afternoon special of around $7 for 5 hours. I've seen Rob Saez play there and it's definately a players' room with leagues.

Boston Billiards is a good room but a bit upscale. They had the Joss there a couple times but don't seem to have it anymore.

There are good rooms in White Plains. I think Executive and Hi Pockets would be worth trying but I've never been there.

You can get addresses from Playpool's Pool Hall finder. Unfortunately, I usually drive 40 miles to get to a good room.
Ken in CT

Jimmy B
05-28-2004, 03:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JDog_1:</font><hr> Any CCB'ers have experience with these clubs or others nearby?

JD <hr /></blockquote>

JD I'm in Hamden, about 40 minutes from where you'll be, those rooms you mention are all ok for shooting, drop me a PM when you get in town maybe we can meet up and hit some balls. If you will be here by the 5th I'm having a tourney for another NG a few people who post here also will be coming, maybe you can make it down.

JB