PDA

View Full Version : DSL & Linksys Wireless G Router

Doctor_D
05-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Just sharing some technical information on a residential wireless router and DSL.

I recently had Verizon DSL installed at my residence and today I finished installing a Linksys Wireless G Router so that the internet connection could be shared by several computers. Results, exceptional!

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

RedHell
05-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Great for you, as this is off topics I will try to be brief.

Wireless technologies required quality security setup or you could become your neighbors ISP or get a lot of personal information stolen from the air-waves. Beware...

PM me if you would like more detail...

Doctor_D
05-28-2004, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Great for you, as this is off topics I will try to be brief.

Wireless technologies required quality security setup or you could become your neighbors ISP or get a lot of personal information stolen from the air-waves. Beware...

PM me if you would like more detail... <hr /></blockquote>

Good afternoon and Thank-you for the information as you are correct with these concerns. However, my IP staff have already installed firewalls, secruity, etc. to reduce and/or eliminate those eventualities.

Dr. D.

RedHell
05-28-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm glad you had pros taking care of it, these little box are easily accessable to end users and comes with a default configuration loaded with vulnerabilities...

Enjoy the wi-fi life !