PDA

View Full Version : Ring game??????

Popcorn
05-28-2004, 09:15 PM
I was just looking at the coverage of the of Charlie's tournament on AZbilliards. I don't even see a mention of the ring game. Am I just not looking in the right place? Any results?

ElephantPoker
05-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Pro RingGame: See it 4 years later on espn.... If it's not pre-empted by women's lumberjacking. I tuned into your site at about 9 o’clock to sign up for the ring game. There was nothing on your site that had anything to do with the event that you advertised. The closest thing that I found was some silly head-cam nonsense which can easily be simulated by picking up a stick and hitting a few balls in my basement. I know that "technical difficulties" do happen, but don't advertise it for weeks, then say that it can be watched live and then cancel it and then not notify anybody that it won't be aired on line. There may not be a huge mainstream market for pool, but there is a small circle of pool fans, including myself, that are willing to shell out a few bucks to watch live pool. As the Poker of Elephants pointed out in the previous post, this was just another “whiff” of the organizations of pool to tap into this money and generate some revenue for a sport that is circling the drain as it is. Grady’s promotion of ring games is a step in the right direction, these money games have the same allure that has made Texas hold’em such a big success on cable TV. I gladly paid to watch the first ring game and the DCC and it was money well spent. I doubt that anyone will pay money to see your match a few weeks later, when they already know who won. Lastly, it was reported on Azbilliards at 5:30 that there were technical difficulties and the match may not be shown. You need 5 and a half hours to figure out how to stream live video via the internet, when you’ve already established the pay-per-view on your site? I know about a dozen pimply faced 13 year olds that could do it in an hour. Not exactly rocket science here. Mr. Koreandragon: Don’t advertise if you can’t deliver, and if sh1t happens, (which it does) at least let us know ahead of time. It’s a matter of professionalism. I was excited to learn about your pay per view site, but after this, I doubt I’ll be signing up for anything on your site. I’d rather watch 2001 trick shot magic. Again.

9 Ball Girl
05-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Latest on Ring Game (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=1816)