PDA

View Full Version : Custom Shaft??

Jay
05-29-2004, 02:21 PM
I was thinking about buying a cheap sneaky pete and having a custom shaft made for it, hoping it will play jam up. Are there any suggestions on some cuemakers that make good shafts? Do you think that the type of joint pin used can prohibit a cue maker from making the shaft? Thanks

Harold Acosta
05-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Most custom shafts are "piloted." Cheap sneaky pete's are not; they are flat face. Why not just buy the custom sneaky pete directly from the cuemaker?

dg-in-centralpa
05-29-2004, 03:35 PM
My thoughts exactly. The money you spend on a custom shaft to fit a cheap butt isn't worth it. You might as well spend a few more dollars and get a complete set.

DG - had a few cheap butts

Fred Agnir
05-30-2004, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Most custom shafts are "piloted." Cheap sneaky pete's are not; they are flat face. <hr /></blockquote>I don't know why you would say this.

Fred

Fred Agnir
05-30-2004, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> I was thinking about buying a cheap sneaky pete and having a custom shaft made for it, hoping it will play jam up.<hr /></blockquote> Whatever floats your boat, I guess. What "cheap SP" are you considering? I have a cheap SP (jump/break) that I recently put a phenolic ferrule/tip combo on. It's turned this stick into a real winner. The problem with it wasn't so much the shaft, however. The butt is completely "house cue balanced."

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that the type of joint pin used can prohibit a cue maker from making the shaft? Thanks
<hr /></blockquote>Usually not a problem. Whether they'll actually do it, that's the problem. I've had good luck with Muellers. I also had very good results with putting a Predator shaft on a Schuler (very special joint), by CT. cuemaker Barry Cameron.

http://www.cameroncues.com

Fred