PDA

View Full Version : Attn Pool Detectives and wantabees.

Chris Cass
05-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

What's going on with the Cue Club in Vegas? I hear that Toby isn't there anymore. Then, I hear he's back and new owners changed hands. Hummm, what's the deal?

BTW, if your not on my payroll then this is a chance to prove yourself and I just might let you in my organization. Yes, you to can become one of the elite.

With such elite charter members as:

Agent 99 (Aka Tip Monger, Pecan Patty YumYum)
Vagabond
Sactown Tommy Two-tone (Aka Tom in Cinci)
Cueless Joey (Aka Joey bag-ah-donuts)
Laviathan (Aka Duke M.)
Troy (project manager in charge of the Sardo Division)
Cheesemouse (Aka The Cheese)
Wendy (Aka Bridge Warden)
Carol (Aka Master of clothes and design)
dowNtown (Fired for being nice to someone one day)
Spike (Aka MC Spike and his pimp'd out Escalade dream)

These are just a few but you too can be a famous operative. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~(Aka the Cassman)hahahaha

Mr Ingrate
05-30-2004, 02:41 PM
What?

No mention at all of the greatest pool detective ever to grace a table covered in rich Osmosis 360.

I'm refering of course to:

Richard Dick, Private Investigator (http://members.shaw.ca/dsyrja/bd1.html) (AKA Dick Dick, the Dick) Chapter 2 (http://members.shaw.ca/dsyrja/bd2.html)

Barbara
05-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Oh Gawd, Dave!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Those were the hilarious days of your morphine-induced dreams!!

But thank God you survived them to share another day with us!!

Barbara~~~wishing Dave many, many more posts with the CCB...

Leviathan
05-30-2004, 03:04 PM
So when do we get our Official Pool Detective Badges and Ultrasonic Sharking Whistles?

AS /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rip
05-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Toby became disenchanted with the partnership and sold his less than majority share of the Cue Club a couple of months ago. Henry retained his majority piece. The new partner is the guy who took care of most of the maintenance around the place and is a hard worker. He's always drilling or hammering or fixing something.
The last I heard - last week - , Toby was selling insurance.

Ernesto recovered the tables three weeks ago and I still need the last two!

If this info qualifies me to join the elite in your organization, I will consider my life complete. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Regards,
Rip

Barbara
05-30-2004, 03:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>

Agent 99 (Aka Tip Monger, Pecan Patty YumYum)

<font color="red">It's BTTK, thank you</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

BTW, Agent 99's sled just got a tint job and if it's possible, it looks badder and my driving services will be available to you in VA in September.

You flip with SPetty for shotgun.

The Beast: http://home.cablerocket.com/~dhigson/images/transam.jpg

Barbara~~~thanks Sid V for the moniker... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SPetty
05-30-2004, 05:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> You flip with SPetty for shotgun.

The Beast: http://home.cablerocket.com/~dhigson/images/transam.jpg <hr /></blockquote>Well, if you're kicking me out just to hang with the Cassman, maybe I can get a lift from my pal Wally, or maybe my new friend RedHell... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's not your car, right? Just one that looks kinda like it? Because... if it's your car, I've already called shot gun and it'll be quite a fight to take it from me...
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CarolNYC
05-31-2004, 03:22 AM
Spetty,
THATS Barbs car WITHOUT the extras-hers is BADDER than that!
Carol~Barbs car is "bad-to-the-bone!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vagabond
05-31-2004, 06:06 AM
Howdy RIP,
Have a question about this new partner u described as a guy working around.Is he a older guy(late 50s or early 60s) who does clean the restrooms and vacuum the floors?Two or three months ago I heard Toby was leaving.Toby,as I was told,had only 25% partnership.where do u think all that money Toby got from Archie the Greek go!!!!???!!!! Cheers
Vagabond

Sid_Vicious
05-31-2004, 06:51 AM
"dowNtown (Fired for being nice to someone one day)"

Good one...sid

Barbara
05-31-2004, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> The Beast: http://home.cablerocket.com/~dhigson/images/transam.jpg
That's not your car, right? Just one that looks kinda like it? Because... if it's your car, I've already called shot gun and it'll be quite a fight to take it from me...
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes!! This is indeed my car!! And you've got shotgun. We'll just throw CC into the back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 09:48 AM
Oops, I forgot about him. Hummm, haven't sent him a check in like 2 yrs. hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~know's of the Canadian Connection. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
05-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Bitchin' ride!!!sid~~~thinks CC probably wouldn't appreciate being thrown about,,,but hey, even bad attention sometimes beats none at all ;-)

Rip
05-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi Vagabond,
The gentleman you've described is not the new partner. He was the sanitation engineer (janitor).

As for the cash won from the Archie---it wasn't enough to retire on. Archie dropped in last week and staked King Kong playing against Harry Platis. Now talk about blowing money that was won gambling! Ask Archie LOL! He's the expert.

Ed Kelly came in and hit a few balls and hinted that he was going to start playing again. Even though Ed has been away from the game for many years, he still has a beautiful stroke and has a million great stories that he's always willing to share.

Have a safe holiday,
Rip

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 10:14 AM
Well,

AS, I need to get a hold of our new Agent in Texas to send you the badge. Were out of Shark whistles, you'll have to yell. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi SPetty,

You win, I can't do a handstand let alone a flip. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 11:16 AM
Well,

We have a winner! Go figure it would be my road dawg and business partner RIP. Thanks for clearing this up for me, I appreciate it. Can't tell you how much I miss ya buddy. That perfect hair, That blinding smile, That broomstick. hahahaha (That laughter you and Agent 99 had when I broke.) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sorry, to have to use my "extreme Monk-like mental expertise trainning", to flush you out. I knew I could do it. Guess that's why I make the big bucks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now, about our Pool Hall/Wedding Chapel w/Szamboti rental cues (money to go to Barry' childrens college fund and Sketchley's Pastry Shop). I'm still working on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll make you a Star and we'll blow Wayne Newton' show, away. You have my word. He'll be begging us for your autograph. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif We'll sweep Las Vegas by storm and be known as, the only place to play. With my break and your movie star looks, we'll have them eating out of the palms of our hands. Welcome to the organization. You shall be known as Agent 69 (Aka The Milkman). LMAO

Regards,

C.C.~~I freaked out the other day when I dropped my fork with ketchup down my Cue Club T shirt. Thought to myself, Oh man, this better come out. I can't deal without my CC Shirt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Get it? Spy talk for Cue Club Shirt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can't wait to meet the girls one day. I bet they're cuties.

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Bitchin' ride!!!sid~~~thinks CC probably wouldn't appreciate being thrown about,,,but hey, even bad attention sometimes beats none at all ;-) <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHA Sid, I don't know about that.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sid_Vicious
05-31-2004, 11:26 AM
If that ain't Barbara's car in detail, then I WANT TO SEE THE REAL DEAL! Get to snappin' some photos there Barb. Btw, keep SPetty away from the driver's side, I've been a passenger and have seen how quickly the "Speedster" whips across cow pastures to save a minute...sid~~~well, it did actually happen, just no cows,,,one more double Quervo and I'd seen the cows

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi Agent Vagabond,

You never cease to amaze me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Your truely a great agent. Don't spill too much though, that's an ongoing investigation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~gotta luv Vagabond. he's like all over this country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
05-31-2004, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> If that ain't Barbara's car in detail, then I WANT TO SEE THE REAL DEAL! Get to snappin' some photos there Barb. Btw, keep SPetty away from the driver's side, I've been a passenger and have seen how quickly the "Speedster" whips across cow pastures to save a minute...sid~~~well, it did actually happen, just no cows,,,one more double Quervo and I'd seen the cows <hr /></blockquote>

Sid,

That's my car, and that's what color it is, too. "Arrest Me Red". I only drive red cars, with the exception of my first car, a yellow 73 Mustang Mach 1. And I've only driven mustangs until I became disenchanted with the '96 I had and traded it in for the 2002 WS6 Trans Am I got in 2001. This is the most fun car I've ever had! Three hundred twenty-five giddyups per yeehaaaa - 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, top speed of 160 mph. This car is just too much fun to drive.

Barbara~~~has only gotten it up to 105... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 11:35 AM
Wonder what happened to that other famous spy ring out of Fla.? Heard they went out of business.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif,

C.C.~~flushing out the Voodoo contingent.

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 11:39 AM
Hey Sid,

If Barbara says she'll get you to the pool hall fast. She's talking in 5.5 seconds. HAHAHAHA Her and Spetty at the helm? Well, lets just say Depends. HAHAHAHAHA

Regards,

C.C.

Rich R.
05-31-2004, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
Barbara~~~has only gotten it up to 105... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, you have to put that petal a little down, just a little farther.
I've easily done 105, in my little 6-cylinder. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
05-31-2004, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I've easily done 105, in my little 6-cylinder. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Z3, right?

Barbara~~~knows that ain't no ordinary little 6-cylinder car... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frank_Glenn
05-31-2004, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
Barbara~~~has only gotten it up to 105... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, you have to put that petal a little down, just a little farther.
I've easily done 105, in my little 6-cylinder. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, I had a Toyota Celica Converable with a 2.5L 4 banger. I wondered how fast it would go with the top down so I tested it. Around 118 (and not wound out yet!) I noticed (rearview mirror) a cooler (big playmate) "floating" behind my head. I knew if I hit the brakes it would slam into the back of my head so I backed off easy like on the gas. Once it settled down in the seat, I slowed down using the brakes. That was the last time I tried that. It, too, was Red. 1992 model. Fun to drive, wish I still had it.

Looks like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;rd=1&amp;item=2479689808&amp;catego ry=15288#ebayphotohosting

#### leonard
05-31-2004, 01:45 PM
Barb I can understand the Car but the Color. Red Cars get 40% of speeding tickets issued. They just stand out and the red light goes on. ####

Tom_In_Cincy
05-31-2004, 01:46 PM
Sorry Capt. Chris for the late news.

Out of the top players we had at our little $10,000 added 9 ball event, none of the famous Philipino players made the top 8.
Santos Sambajon Jr. (2nd place in Vegas BCA Pro 9ball event 2 weeks ago- he lost to Tony Robles), Jose Parica and Gerado Jamito all failed to make any to the top 8 postions.

Mike Massey (not just a trick shot artist) bested the field by going undefeated and winning the final match 13-8 against the East Coast player Mike Davis.

Scott Frost had a 'thawing spell' and could only muster a 5th-6th finish in the 9 ball event, but did a little better (2nd) in the One Pocket. John Schmidt, (he also didn't cash in the tournament, and he got beat by his mentor and teacher Bobby Hunter) won the ring game, only after I told him I had two backers that wanted to put him in. He told me he would rather play the winner of the Ring game for the cash.

Lots of good players from Los Angeles took their chances this last week. Ismael 'Morro' Paez and Bernardo 'King Kong' Chavez and their google of backers made late nite action interesting.

In the One Pocket event, San Franciso player and 3rd place 1Pkt finisher at the DCC this year (only one to beat Efren Reyes at One Hole) Billy Palmer beat Scott Frost for the Hot Seat and then again in the finals. Still no Philipinos in the top 8 places.

Oh yeah.. Scott 'the shot' Smith did a FANtastic job calling out the matches and working his magic.

Maybe Sacramento should be considered for the Mosconi cup.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-31-2004, 01:50 PM
Kato, VooDoo where are you? and that transplanted Texan.. what's his name... eg8r or something like that.. don't these guys play pool anymore?

#### leonard
05-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Rip, I saw Eddie playing Poughkepsie Mel nineball in Hudson Ny. Ed gave Mel the 8 ball and got stuck 1,000 and quit, renegotiated and played even. Ed got his thousand back and quit telling Mel he was going to the Hotel and to get some sleep.

Mel offered him the 8 ball to keep him playing and Eddie beat him for 2 thousand. ####

#### leonard
05-31-2004, 01:59 PM
God, Chris am I starting to act like a Poolroom Detective. Sign me up.####

Barbara
05-31-2004, 02:01 PM
####,

Belive it or not, I've only gotten one speeding ticket in my life. And it was only the second time I got pulled over, too.

I may drive fast, but I'm not stupid. I'll trade off being the rabbit and I don't speed when the roadways are congested. Plus, I watch the brake lights of cars in front of me. Dead giveaway I'm coming up on a trap and just as good as any radar detector.

Barbara

bluewolf
05-31-2004, 03:29 PM
I guess I am conservative. When I was 18, I went 80 in my '64 valiant. LOL

Now, I cannot believe the motorcycle guys I meet who ride those 'crotch rockets' and brag speeds of 150+. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I like keeping my little bike and my head in one peice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura

Vagabond
05-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Howdy RIP,
please tell me about this match.Was it a one pocket?did Harry get Spot? who won?King Kong is good on Bar table if u allow him to bring the cue ball from his Old Kountry (Mexico) BTW Ed.Kelly one time was a road partner of Danny D.Liberto.Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rip
05-31-2004, 09:04 PM
One pocket was the game and I believe Harry was getting a ball. I was busy on another table so I'm not sure how it ended.

Ed Kelly and Danny D road partners? ---I'll bet there was never a dull moment! I hope Danny includes some of those stories in his book.
Regards,
Rip

Rip
05-31-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey CC!
You're cracking me up!
"Pool Hall/Wedding Chapel w/Szamboti rental cues" --Your concept and my good looks---how can we miss? Sounds like a franchise opportunity! LOL!

The next time you run into your buddy Jimmy Wetch, ask him how he liked those fantastic tables he played on in Vegas with the weather stripping on each pocket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So I'm the "Milkman" and Agent 69? errrrr ummmmm.... I'll humbly accept the moniker as deemed by the Cassman without question. I'll bet Mick Jagger felt just like I do at this very moment when he was knighted! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I'll deal with my identity crisis later!

Regards,
Rip~~not sure about this Milkman and Agent 69 stuff /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 11:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> God, Chris am I starting to act like a Poolroom Detective. Sign me up.#### <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHA Aww ####,

Your one of the best. You automatically pass go to Gold Badge. That's a compliment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~loves the stories. I feel I'm there in the room. lol

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi Tom,

You have no idea how much I would have wanted to be there. I would have also like to have a bundle while I was there too. Hard to settle for just one. Have to have both. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the results. That was cool,

C.C.~~Tom has all the fun... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chris Cass
05-31-2004, 11:43 PM
HAHAHAHA

Hi Rip,

The Milkman is from our story way back when and you stroll up to the bar with bright teeth and ask, "Got Milk?" LOL Something to that effect. The Agent 69 part is because Barbara is Agent 99 and she's 30 times better than you. HAHAHAHAHA J/K I couldn't think of a # that would sound better. It's the yr of my favorite car(1969 Dodge Charger and Agent 29, 39, 49, 59, 79, 89 just doesn't have that catchy name like 99 or 69. I know, it sounds dumb. Hey, I could have said 299 but that sounds cheap. LOL BTW, don't think for one minute I'm not serious about the ph. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~really enjoyed the action stuff.

Rich R.
06-01-2004, 03:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Z3, right?

Barbara~~~knows that ain't no ordinary little 6-cylinder car... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry, your wrong on that one.

M3 --- also, not an ordinary little 6-cylinder. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#### leonard
06-01-2004, 06:52 AM
Bluewolf the Valiant"s slant six was the best engine ever made, but they had to phase it out. They would get 250,000 miles with no repairs, what good were they to the manufacturer.####

#### leonard
06-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Chris I was to play Weenie Beanie in Hudson,Ny he wouldn't play me on my home table in Troy so a match was arranged to be played in Hudson. Before I had arrived a POOL DETECTIVE told Beanie of me beating Cisero Murphy right on that table your going to play on.

That was the end of that, Beanie passed on playing me. He got into a no gamble arguement with Dickie McConnell. Beanie offered to bet him all Dick had in his pocket on a flip of the coin and McConnell took him up on it to prove he had gamble. Dickie won the flip and then Beanie had to try and win his money back playing pool.

While Beanie was there he called his partner who was out west playing Harold Worst nineball. All I heard was your kidding No No No. Seems Harold beat the nineball player and a golf pro that they were trying to hustle Harold in Golf with. So Beanie had a bad week.####

Frank_Glenn
06-01-2004, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Bluewolf the Valiant"s slant six was the best engine ever made, but they had to phase it out. They would get 250,000 miles with no repairs, what good were they to the manufacturer.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Some of them had a nylon gear on the distributor that would wear out after a while. It was an easy fix, _if_ you knew what was wrong.

cycopath
06-01-2004, 01:50 PM
I've hit 130 on mine and let off the throttle. So there is a point of 'too fast'.

Haven't hit the triple digits since.

http://cyco.xsintrk.net/pics/cbr1.jpg

Chris Cass
06-01-2004, 03:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHA That's wild. Man, I like that story. They sure blew a lot of smoke that crowd you knew. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks ####,

C.C.~~wish I was a fly on the wall back then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-01-2004, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I've hit 130 on mine and let off the throttle. So there is a point of 'too fast'.

Haven't hit the triple digits since.

http://cyco.xsintrk.net/pics/cbr1.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

You truely are a cycopath. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

C.C.~~been close enough to death too many times. once at 136 mph, once in a runaway 64 Chevy SS, and you know the other. nope, never again, well, not ever. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif