PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find pool equipment in NYC ?

Brent
06-01-2004, 11:14 AM
HI everyone. I moved to NJ a couple of weeks ago for the summer to work and mostly because I needed to get out of my small country /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway now Im looking for places in NY to buy some new cues and things so that I could get my game going on US soil. It would also be really nice to go out and play with someone from this board who lives in NY.

Brent from Paramus NJ

Doctor_D
06-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Good afternoon:

In Paramus, right on Route # 17 Nortbound not far from Route # 4, you will find Loree Jon's Pool Tables Plus. This would prove to be a good place to begin shopping, as well as on the Internet at either Seybert's or Hawley's Billiards, for the equipment you are looking for.

Dr. D.

Chris Cass
06-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi Brent,

Wow, I haven't seen you in awhile. Hey, I went to Philly for a tourney and ran into so many young people from NJ., Philly and NY. Everytime I walked into the gambling table area they shouted, Hey Cass is here. I felt like Norm. hahaha They would talk to me alnight. A few even went so far as to say goodbye before heading back. These were young guns and they loved me. I even had one girl tell me I was cool. One kid told me to call it a nite because he said he wanted to make some money. LOL He told me the next day that I should get some rest that I've been there too long and it showed in my game at the time. The young couple I met. The guy shook my hand and the girlfriend gave me a kiss on my cheek. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm surprized I didn't get wacked by her boyfriend. I am quite the looker, you know. LOL

I think I was born in the wrong part of the country. I don't know where to play there but I do know the people are great. Despite all the BS everyone says about rudeness.

Regards,

C.C.~~you must be getting better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
06-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey there, I would buy cues and other billiard paraphernalia on line, it is usually cheaper that way and they have a larger selection.

if your looking to play you can drop by Thursday nights @ hall Of Fame Billiards, Bay ridge Brooklyn. Its the only time I get to play, they have a tourney that starts @ 7pm and features Jean Balukas and Gerda hofstatter as well as Carol Clark and yours truly !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

buddha162
06-01-2004, 11:50 PM
As far as pool cues and access. go, I would shop online. Ebay usually have the best deals (depending on what you're looking for), and Seyberts and billiardswarehouse aren't bad either. If you tell us what you're shopping for maybe we can recommend a specific website or ebay seller for you.

Do you drive?

If you do, there are a couple good pool halls in NJ you should check out. Comet billiards is probably the best room in the tri-state area in terms of equipment (20 GC4's) and space. Very cheap day rate and monthly pass. It's in Parsippany, NJ, about 20 miles west of you. Crown billiards in Pompton Lakes is a little closer; not as nice, but filled with players.

I play at Orangetown Billiards in Orangeburg NY, which is off the Palisades Pkwy across the border from NJ. The owners Tom and Joyce are always looking for new players, and they have a Tuesday night tournament that's pretty ripe for the taking if you're anything above a C. Cleanest pool hall you'll ever see, with GCIII's and Gandys. Day pass is $8 from 2-7 pm. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you exact directions.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

-Roger