PDA

View Full Version : Herbal tea?

stickman
06-01-2004, 02:56 PM
I've had problems with irritable bowel syndrome ever since my kidneys began to fail. I get very sick when I become nervous or exert too much energy. I stopped trying to build a lawn pond for almost two years because there was a big stump right in the middle of the area I started to dig in. I didn't have a chainsaw, but I do now. I decided to work on it, even if it was only a little bit at a time. Yesterday I went to a friends house to get some sandstones at his farm. He and I loaded them up. I got really sick as usual. He looked up an article on the computer about using Chamomile herbal tea for relief of IBS. I got some and drank several cups last night. I had a cup for breakfast instead of the usual coffee and one for lunch. Today I cut off the stump, finished digging the hole, put down the liner, filled the pond with water, and loaded all the sandstone all around the edge of the pond. I have the pump going and put in a couple dozen goldfish. At last!!! This is more than I've been able to do at one time in a long time. I got tired, but not sick. I have a prescription for this but it only helps a little. The tea seems to work. Have any of you experienced anything like this? I plan to drink a cup at least three times a day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
06-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Wow, stickman! That is awesome! I wish I had herbs to make me that energetic, productive and useful! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
06-01-2004, 05:34 PM
I have used Horsetail Tea for slight urinary tract problems and it does clear it up. So does Cranberry juice for that matter. Chamomile has a general calming effect and caffeine does not. You might want to try to eliminate any caffeine from your diet, sodas etc. I did years ago to get rid of heart palpations. Sometimes our diet eliminates or helps certain problems. Here is a link you might find useful health (http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/items_index/1,1538,HS,00.html)

Rod

stickman
06-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks, Rod. I stopped the soda a long time ago. No more coffee now. I've even stopped drinking beer before the tournaments. I used to get sick from my nerves at tournaments. I found that since I play so often now, I don't need it, and I don't get so tired either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif