PDA

View Full Version : Changing a pool table into a billiard table?

crawdaddio
06-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Anyone know of a product that will fill the pockets so the table will act as a billiard table? I'm asking for a friend who owns a bar with a few nice diamond 8 footers. I have gotten him interested in 3C but no one in town has a table. So I told him I'd ask around as I have never heard of such a product. I understand that it wouldn't be ideal and would probably play kinda funny, but at least it would give him an idea of the game, and maybe improve his pool game. Any help is appreciated and please post links if ya's got any info.
Thanks again.

woody_968
06-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Im sorry I dont remmember the name of the company, but someone used to put out pocket "plugs" to convert to a 3 cushion table. I think they had a spring (kind of like a scissor) with actual cusions on them that fit into the pockets. I havent seen them advertised in a long time so I dont know if they are still made. If I recall I think they were around seven hundred dollars for the set, but I could be wrong.

woody_968
06-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Did a quick search and found this site, not that same as the ones that I mentioned earlier but is the same concept. I dont know if they will sell just the plug, but might give you the idea of something that could be made.

http://www.compleatgamester.com/pages/Billiard/chevillotte/gascogne.htm

Go about half way down the page.