PDA

View Full Version : Played One Hole for the first time yesterday...

rackmup
05-03-2002, 05:27 PM
...and I think it could be addicting.

Thanks to Wes and Steve at Clicks in Arlington for taking the time to show an "old dog some new tricks."

(there are some pretty friendly pool players in this town.)

Regards,

Ken (banks at the ATM better than he does in one pocket)

Troy
05-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Congratulations !!! And yes, 1-Pocket IS addictive..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> ...and I think it could be addicting.

Thanks to Wes and Steve at Clicks in Arlington for taking the time to show an "old dog some new tricks."

(there are some pretty friendly pool players in this town.)

Regards,

Ken (banks at the ATM better than he does in one pocket) <hr></blockquote>

Chris Cass
05-03-2002, 07:48 PM
Hi Ken,

I just learned it too. It's fun controling the cb. I especially like to blast into the rack.LOL I sure wish some other beginners would play with me. I get to go to 7 and Kato goes to 11. Voodoo, my hero is going to give me 13-4. Can't wait to play you heads up.

Always willing to help a friend,

C.C.~~hahahaha

Rod
05-03-2002, 09:18 PM
It's a great game Ken. As you learn more about playing a good offense shot combined with defense it gets even better.
It certainly is a game of chess.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-03-2002, 09:23 PM
Its the one game that you get to execute almost everything you know about the game of pool, in ONE game..

Love One Pocket.. been playing it for almost 20 years

Kato
05-04-2002, 08:58 AM
Bro, you are such a psycho!!!!!!! I've played a grand total of 4 games of one pocket in my life. 2 of them I got beat 8-0, once 8-5, and once I won 8-0. The game makes me want to pull out my teeth. I've got 9 years until I'm 40, maybe I'll start playing then. However, Chris for you I'll play and take, that's TAKE, 12-4 and the breaks, period. Voodoo can negotiate his own match. I'm not gonna play a game where you lock me down and make me pull out my hair unless I know I can luck out and beat you from a dog position. I sure as hell ain't gonna play the game with Voodoo unless it's a lesson.

Kato~~~thinks C.C. maybe taking his vacation a little to seriously. YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!

Voodoo Daddy
05-04-2002, 10:59 AM
You both need therapy. 13-4? C.C., the only way I'll give 13-4 to you is if your asking me the time...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Would love to teach Kato the art but I'm still not over the whole Maryland-Kansas deal yet...ROFL!!!

Voodoo...says you guys are nutz

MikeM
05-04-2002, 12:47 PM
I just started playing one-pocket after league with one of my teammates. He's very good. I'm very impatient. It's been very frustrating. I've actually beaten him a few times and my banks and caroms are improving. I've ordered some Accu-Stat tapes of one-hole matches and hope this helps. It's a great game.

MM

shojingod
05-04-2002, 02:41 PM
I played three hole. Think about it. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
05-04-2002, 06:40 PM
We use to play a lot of One Side. Each player has 3 holes on one side of the table. It's played in rotation, first one to 61 wins. You have the option to push out anytime your hooked.

Chris Cass
05-05-2002, 02:50 AM
Hi Rod,

For me that would take 14 yrs.LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-05-2002, 06:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Its the one game that you get to execute almost everything you know about the game of pool, in ONE game..

Love One Pocket.. been playing it for almost 20 years
<hr></blockquote>

WOW Tom,

Odviously, your playing the game wrong. Mine only last about an hour. Unless of course I make that corner ball. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~I shouldn't mess with him. I might find rat under my name?hahaha

Chris Cass
05-05-2002, 06:49 PM
Seriously Ken,

What I like about 1 hole is the ability to focus on cue ball placement.

Regards,

C.C.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-05-2002, 07:22 PM
Been involved in some really long games lots of defence and still love it.
Us old timers know too many tricks, and it makes the younger players mad not knowing about the traps.
We are going to start up our Summer One Pocket league soon, so those young kids will learn some of our tricks close up.

rackmup
05-06-2002, 05:48 AM
I limped into Click's in Arlington yesterday (why limped you ask? I tripped over a monster fire ant hill and twisted my ankle) and entered their weekly 9-ball tourney.

While playing my first match, a new pal named "Les" walked over to say "hello." FYI: Les is the guy that introduced me to the game of one-pocket.

We chatted, I lost my match 4-2 and sulked over to where Les was playing. We played a few games of 1-hole while waiting for my next match.

I actually considered forfeiting my second nine ball match so I could keep playing 1-pocket with Les.

Scary, huh?

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
05-06-2002, 05:53 AM
Good morning Pookie:

So, as far as your 9 Ball match was concerend, how did you do ???

Dr. D.

rackmup
05-06-2002, 06:13 AM
I lost my first match, won my second and got smoked by a gal from the Hunter tour in my third.

I wasn't really focused and shouldn't have played.

Lot's of stuff going on in rackmup's world this week and needs to stay away from the green cloth to get things in order.

How was your weekend?

Ken

Kato
05-06-2002, 06:45 AM
Get over it Steve. Maryland won't beat Kansas again until the day I can beat you in one pocket. Well, they probably will win in 15 years, I'll probably still be trying to make my first ball.

One pocket or root canal? Depends on who has colder beer I guess.LOL

Kato

SPetty
05-06-2002, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> I lost my first match, won my second and got smoked by a gal from the Hunter tour in my third.<hr></blockquote>Hi Ken,

Did you enter or watch the tournament at CJ's this weekend? (I've been waiting for your report of that tournament...)

Do you remember the name of the gal who smoked you?

Hope your week goes well...

rackmup
05-06-2002, 07:22 AM
I never made it to CJ's, regretfully. I'm told the competition was quite stiff though. A few of the "regulars" where I play got in and were "smoked" (in their words.)

The gal that beat me is Leslie Anne Rogers. She is a very steady, deliberate player.

Regards,

Ken

SPetty
05-06-2002, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>The gal that beat me is Leslie Anne Rogers. She is a very steady, deliberate player.<hr></blockquote>Hi Ken,

I've seen Leslie Anne play before, and she's really quite good. I've talked to her a few times as well, and she's also quite friendly.

She couldn't have beat a better man!

05-06-2002, 03:47 PM
Any game is better than 9 ball. I have said that ever since I first saw ball in hand 9 ball. I guess now you are starting to find that out. Try some snooker and 3 cushion billiards if you really want to expand your horizons. See what happens when you go to the pool hall instead of sitting behind a computer?

cheesemouse
05-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Anon,
Just out of curiousity......are you a republican???

rackmup
05-06-2002, 08:15 PM
Thanks but no thanks on the 3-cushion and snooker. And as for the computer...it goes with me to the pool room. Ahh...the joys and benefits of a Dell Laptop.

Regards,

Ken (can't believe "anonymous" wrote a semi-nice post)

Chris Cass
05-06-2002, 11:28 PM
Hi Ken,

Dude, You got a Dell? Went fishing again?

Regards,

C.C.~~hahahaha

05-07-2002, 12:33 AM
Leslie Rogers is a very good player, Ken. You got beat by a good one. Hey, do you know what her husband's name is? I swear, this is true. His name is Leslie Rogers. Husband and wife both with the same name. Leslie (husband) is a BCA Master Instructor and an excellent one at that. He teaches at Cue Tech with Randy.

Fran

05-07-2002, 03:20 AM
Ken. I always told you it was tit for tat. You post nicely and so will I. I hope it continues because it is much better this way. I think you should reconsider the snooker though. Once you get good at it it is very addictive. Hell it's the best game there is.

05-07-2002, 03:22 AM
Nope. Not a Republican.

rackmup
05-07-2002, 04:31 AM
It makes sense now...when I asked her where she usually plays (I had never seen her at Clicks before), she named off a few places that I never heard of, then she says "at Cue-Tech."

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Leslie Rogers is a very good player, Ken.<hr></blockquote>

And the quote above, is very, very accurate.

Regards,

Ken (my wife's name is Ken also...but it's pronounced
L-A-U-R-A)

rackmup
05-07-2002, 04:41 AM
So glad my posts meet with your approval. With all the weight you pull around here and all, I would hate to meet with your disapproval or anything. We here at the CCB are so lucky to have you here, to monitor things, to ensure we don't offend anyone or exercise our right of freedom of speech. You know...stuff like that.

Not a Republican? I've figured out who you are...

...you're Jerry Falwell. I didn't even know you played pool. And you can keep Snooker. As I see it, a table that large is only good for two things: Folding laundry or for serving Thanksgiving dinner to a family of 40.

Regards,

Ken (gushing with joy that I'm "tit-for-tat" with "Mr. Moral Majority")

05-07-2002, 03:49 PM
You don't want peace do you? You are one of these nobs who has no life so you have to stir up [censored]. I sent you an olive branch and you threw it away. You aren't much of a man.

rackmup
05-07-2002, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I sent you an olive branch and you threw it away. <hr></blockquote>

I don't now and NEVER will accept floral arrangements sent to me by another guy. Sorry "Anonymous", <font color=red>Rack</font color=red>m<font color=red>Up</font color=red> doesn't swing that way. Thanks, but NO thanks. But you feel free to go ahead and have one of your "Smiley" days.

And this will be out of character for me but I've had a tough day at work (I have a job) so I'll close with this:

Bite me.

Regards,

Ken (I have issues...jeez, no kidding.)

05-07-2002, 10:03 PM
Today I had my 4th practice session since trying to return to playing pool. It was the first time I played with someone. We played some 8 ball. Then some 9 ball. And then we played 5 games of 1 pocket. No money was involved. Is it considered bad sportsmanship or ignorant to play a safety and knock your opponents ball away from his pocket?

rackmup
05-08-2002, 05:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>You are one of these nobs who has no life<hr></blockquote>

Let's look at the vacation-like life of a "nob" with no life...

EVERYDAY:
<ul type="square"> 4:30AM-5:30AM= Alarm clock goes off, shower, get dressed, make coffee and read the paper.
5:30AM-6:30AM= Prepare breakfast, awaken kids, feed the kids, help with any remaining homework, wash dishes, a little housecleaning.
6:30AM-7:30AM= On computer at company website, completing daily reports and preparing for my day.
7:30AM-8:00AM= Take kids to school.
8:00AM-3:15PM= Work. Visit 15-20 clients/potential clients throughout the day and log a minimum of 100 miles on the car.
3:15PM-4:00PM= Pick up kids at school, return home.
4:10PM-5:20PM= Place the days orders online, prepare the kids a snack before leaving for soccer practice.
5:30PM-6:30PM= Soccer practice, my Wife comes home from work.
6:40PM-7:45PM= Prepare dinner, eat dinner, wash dinner dishes.
7:45PM-8:30PM= Help kids with homework, discuss their day and any needs for tomorrow, get them into the shower and get them to bed.
8:30PM-9:00PM= Reaquaint myself with my wife.
9:00PM-10:00PM= Watch news.
10:00PM-10:15PM= Shower.
10:15PM-4:30AM= SLEEP!
[/list]

This is done 5 days per week. On the weekends, there are the soccer tournaments, chores around the house, church and maybe, just maybe, a pool tournament or two and a little fishing.

Regards,

Ken (didn't know he didn't have a life until someone who is unemployed, with NO responsibilities told him so)

Chris Cass
05-08-2002, 06:00 AM
WOW Ken,

Your life is very organized. All the things you do in your day is exhausting and I'm not sure if I could do it. I don't want to tell you mine. It would only get you thinking. If your a nob, and which I've never heard of then I'm a node? Something under a nob.

By the way with all that you do I admire you. I don't think Laura will ever leave you.

have a good day,

C.C.

cheesemouse
05-08-2002, 06:25 AM
CC,
After I read Ken's nob schedule I found my body getting up from the p/c desk and in a trance like state returning to bed only too curl up in the fetal position...agh, the joys of bachlorhood.

Chris Cass
05-08-2002, 06:32 AM
Hi Cheese,

I didn't have the heart to tell him what I've been doing lately. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~the cheese didn't read the post on US open ccb tourney yet. Whew....

05-08-2002, 08:32 AM
Yes, Ken Rackalot, {music begins to play softly}you are my hero, you are the wind beneathe our wings! I will print your daily schedule so I can check it periodically just to see where you are and what you are doing. It will almost be as though I'm with you.
Everyone cares about you.
We want to know more.
It's ok.
I'm ok, you ok?
There there, it's all better now.
We'll bake cookies and send them to you.
You no longer have to justify your existence to anyone
BECAUSE YOU JUST DID TO EVERYONE!
Chuckle,
Ty

rackmup
05-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Take your medication, relax a few minutes, build up your strength and only then, should you lift that rock and retreat to the underside of it.

Regards,

Ken (glad to be Ty's hero? I have one guy sending me flowers and another that wants to bake me cookies! Ty...allow me to introduce you to "anonymous". I think you guys are made for each other)

Troy
05-09-2002, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eddie G Chgo:</font><hr> Is it considered bad sportsmanship or ignorant to play a safety and knock your opponents ball away from his pocket? <hr></blockquote>

Actually, that's called "smart play"..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif