PDA

View Full Version : Old timers - do know of superstroke ??

9ballforever
06-02-2004, 01:55 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gifI posted on this forum about a man named superstroke (Bruce Christopher)and all of his claims to fame. Browse down to about 26th May. Post nameed Spuerstroke. He was very famous (as he tells it) in mid 1970's. LasVegas area. Beats and gambled with Fats and Musconni etc..... Says now, why would I play you for a hundred when I can gamble with pros for tens of of thousands?

Very interested in those that may know of him. Many of us believe he is full of 'himself' and we would be interested in hearing what you have to say (if you know of him?).

Thank you .....

Fred Agnir
06-03-2004, 07:32 AM
On Bruce "Superstroke" Christopher (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=superstroke+author:fred&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=7tfjv7%24dpg%241%40ash.prod.itd.earthlink.n et&rnum=5)

Fred

9ballforever
06-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Fred, thank you for having taken the time to respond.

He again, showed up at the pool hall with a local cable company filming himself (in the back room where others cannot see him shoot and where he can have his way with the media). His mom was there too.

Talk about grand standing for self promotion!

At a local tournament, he has been distracting persons while in play with a lack of pool etiquette.

If you know of other issues or things we should be aware of please post a few more.

The list is getting larger. I take issue with those that brag forever about themselves then drag in the media for self gratification.

Thanks again Fred.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nostroke
06-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Fats convinced half the world he was the best. Maybe Bruce can too!!

Popcorn
06-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Contrary to what is becoming a popular belief, Fats could play, even if not world class. I knew many players that knew him, (I only met him when he was old) and they would all attest to his abilities.

9ballforever
06-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Hey, nostroke, I agree.

see that you have been here a while. Found you back in 2002 while researching here. Only been here a week myself.

That $ million match that was cancelled a few years back, do you know who the promoters were?

Nostroke
06-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Why- You got a bridge for sale?

Right Action Management-It was less than a year ago- here is a link.

141and3c
06-06-2004, 09:39 PM
In the mid 70's I asked Jim Rempe how good Bruce Christopher was and Rempe said: "He couldn't win a girl's tournament!"