PDA

View Full Version : denver CO. pool halls

snook
06-02-2004, 05:59 PM
hey, i'm gonna be in estes park july 7-17 and have a free bus pass into denver the whole time, i have the afternoons free and want to get in to shoot some pool, so if you guys could tell me the table fees, and good halls, or maybe even want to meet up and shoot some games of whatever just tell me. thanks alot

JPB
06-02-2004, 08:39 PM
I don't live there anymore, so I am not completely up to date on the poolhall goings on, but if I were busing into Denver I would pretty much go only to Shakespeares. You will be close to lower downtown (although on the other side of the creek) and it is a nice room. Lotta pool tables. Top notch billiards tables. Restaurant and bar. And if you've been sentenced to a week in Estes Park, and have to go back on a bus, you will need plenty alcohol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

In lower downtown I highly recommend the large, ice cold, bone dry martinis at the Cruise Room at the Oxford Hotel.

Malice
06-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Shakespeare's is easily Denver's greatest pool hall. Good players, tables, etc. They have some three cushion tables there...I once saw a guy run a *nine*, which would make World Champion 3C players grin all week along.

In LoDo I'd try Wyncoop Brewery. Plenty of tables, great beer and food, but fewer serious players. More of a social spot than strictly pool. Lots of good looking women in that joint.

Outside of those two, there's hundreds of lesser-known pool halls. You can find some good players and action at Billiards Institute. But you really should check out Shakespeare's.

JPB
06-03-2004, 09:16 PM
The guy just might have been Allen Gilbert.

There are some other players around there capable of an occasional 9 tho I think.

snook
06-04-2004, 08:10 AM
sorry boys, i'm only 17 for the time being, so while a martini might sound nice, i'll have to pass for a few more years. can i get into shakespears? thanks for the feedback

t411
06-04-2004, 10:36 AM
<font color="blue"> No doubt Shakespeare’s is nice. If you are looking for action the place to go is Table Stakes. This is where the player are at. </font color>

Malice
06-04-2004, 04:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snook:</font><hr> sorry boys, i'm only 17 for the time being, so while a martini might sound nice, i'll have to pass for a few more years. can i get into shakespears? thanks for the feedback <hr /></blockquote>

You can get into Shakespeare's no problem. Just can't buy any booze. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snook
06-05-2004, 01:12 PM
good deal, anybody want to play a few friendly sets while i'm in. any game. except 3 cushion, i wanna learn the rules while i'm in. but i've never had the chance to play.