PDA

View Full Version : My Mind Wandered

9 Ball Girl
06-03-2004, 03:20 PM
I was in one of those boring meetings this morning (2 hours yuck!) and my mind started to wander. So I took my little pad that I brought to the meeting to take down "notes". Yeah, well, instead I wrote up a list of all of the poolhalls that I've played in. I was wondering about you guys too:

Brooklyn
Hall of Fame Billiards
Park Slope Billiards
Brownstone Billiards
Action Billiards
Avenue U Billiards
Platinum Billiards
Carom Cafe II Billiards
Caribe Billiards
Arena Cafe Billiards
El Rincon Latino Billiards
New Horizon Billiards

Manhattan
Corner Billiards
Avenue B Billiards
Amsterdam East
Amsterdam West
Broadway Billiards
Le Q Billiards
Soho Billiards

Queens
Master Billiards
Spin City Billiards
Le Q Billiards
Golden Q Billiards
Rack 'Em Up Billiards
Carom Cafe
Steinway Billiards
Olympia Billiards
Ridgewood Billiards

Bronx
Parkway Billiards

Staten Island
Port Richmond Billiards

New Jersey
Comet Billiards

Pennsylvania
Planet Pool
Rack 'Em Up Billiards

Virginia
Q-Master Billiards

You can see how long this meeting was that I actually had the time to think this out! LOL I have to admit, some of these rooms are definitely more memorable than others! And of course, I have my slew of bar tables but I'll never remember all of the names of the bars/taverns!

Ken
06-03-2004, 04:28 PM
In the city: Ames and Mcgirr's. I think they were both in Manhattan,

Upstate: Joe Canton's

Manhester and Middletown CT: Red Sox Dugout, Capital Billiards and many others nearby now all gone.

Been to Q-Master but just hung out with Earl and Willie Jopling. They both ducked me.

I wish I could remember the rooms in Baltimore and Hartford in the 60's as well as many other cities. All gone now.

I don't think I set foot in a PH from the 70's through the 90's.
Ken in CT

ashmouth
06-03-2004, 04:38 PM
damn girl, you get around!!! jk

Malice
06-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Way too many to mention. Every city I visit I at least try to get over to the best-known pool hall in town.

cycopath
06-03-2004, 05:40 PM
My mind wandered once....

and it never came back.

Mobile, AL:
Breakers Billiards
Bumpers Airport
Bumpers Downtown (no longer open)
Neon Palace (no longer open)
Runway Billards
USA Billiards (no longer open)

Pensacola, Fl:
Golden Crown Billiards (no longer open)
J&J Billiards
Legends Billiards(didn't get to play, they were full)
Pockets (now known as Starbucks Billiards)

Ft Walton, FL:
Starcade Billiards

Marietta, GA:
The Pool Room

Gulfport, MS:
Jim Bob's Pool Hall (didn't get to play there, incorrect ID)

Starkville, MS:
Southern Billiards

Jacksonville, NC:
Rack Em' Billiards
Fast Freddie's

Beulaville, NC:
Glen's Gameroom
(tables read: No Massay and in the only bathroom in the joint the wall read "Don't piss on the seat, girls use this bathroom too.")

Rod
06-03-2004, 06:15 PM
WOW, states, cities/towns = rooms, aw hell I'd don't have a clue, countless. If bar pool rooms were in there it boggles the mind, not that it takes much. LOL You must have been bored, so what was the meeting about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

JDB
06-03-2004, 08:59 PM
I honestly don't think I will be able to remember the names of them all, but I will give it a shot...lol.

Maryland - Baltimore Billiards East, Baltimore Billiards West, Hot Shots - Baltimore, Lee's USA Billiards- Baltimore, Champions - Frederick, Champions Rockville, Champions - Laurel, Orange Ball - Rockville, Breaktime Sports and Pub - Salsbury, Hagerstown Billiards, The Corner Pocket - Pikesville (Baltimore), Centennial Cue - Ellicot City (Baltimore), Jack-n-Jills - Baltimore, Running Out Billiards - Baltimore, Rec Room Billiards - Baltimore, Sports 2000 - Baltimore, Kelly's Cue Club - Baltimore, Champions - Baltimore, Satyr Hill Cue Club - Baltimore, Top Hat Cue Club - Baltimore, Johnny C's Arcade and Billiard, USA Billiards - Laurel,

Virginia - Champions - Shirlington, Fast Eddies - Alexandria, Fast Eddies - Fairfax, First Break Cafe - Sterling, Champions - Arlington

Delaware - Cue and Cushion Billiards

Arizona - Pink E's, Clicks Billiards - Phoenix, Clicks Billiards - Tempe

OK - Magoos - Tulsa, Tulsa Billiard Palace

Jacksonville - University Billiard Club (I think...lol)

Illinois - Leisure Time Billiards

Minnesota - Shooters, Billiards Street Cafe, City Billiards Bar and Cafe, Biff's Billiards, CR Billiards, Rack N Roll Billiards.

Well that does bring back a lot of memories... not sure I got them all, but I got a lot of them... probably not as many as 9-ball girl though...lol.

JDB
06-03-2004, 09:08 PM
When I first read your post, I was thinking, "wow that is a lot of different pool halls to play in." I didn't think that I had played in that many, but after I started compiling my list, it looks like I have played in more than I thought...lol.

And I even forgot:

Pennsylvania - Ivory Billiards, Bee Gee's Family Billiards, Diamond Billiards, Markley Billiards, and 2 others by Valley Forge that I don't remember the names of.

cueball1950
06-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Just to name a few....Big head charlies place
Cue Time....####leonards place of employment
Joe Cantons...the uncrowned champion of the world
Mike Zuglans Pro Billiard lounge..classic cue in rochester. hippos in utica... golden cue in queens
Whiteys...Silver cue...YMCA...Boys club...Cue stick lounge, pocket billiard lounge.. accu billiards...elite billiards..Q masters(home of the CCB) q master 1&2 saint elmos in norfolk.. late 60's, Heck,,,, hit a few balls in almost all of the pool halls on the Joss tour.
Getting a headache thinking of more. will update later......................

shaggydoo1975
06-03-2004, 11:20 PM
A couple places I can think of would be University Billiards, CR Billiards, a few basements here and there in Minneapolis. Billiards on Broadway in Fargo, and now my rec room at home.

Fred Agnir
06-04-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm guessing well over a hundred. Surely.

It might be easier just to write down the States and countries I've played in. Or not.

Ontario,Canada
France (Strassbourg)
Germany (Black Forest & Bavaria)

California
Washington
Nevada
Tennessee
Kentucky
Indiana
Ohio
Illinois
Michigan
Georgia
Florida
Virginia
West Virginia
Delaware
New York
Pennsylvania
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Mass.
Vermont
New Hampshire
Maine

Fred <~~~ have stick, will travel

9 Ball Girl
06-04-2004, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> LOL You must have been bored, so what was the meeting about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod <hr /></blockquote>Bah, workstation replacements, a 3 day meeting I might have to attend in Baltimore, and then I wandered from there...

Rod
06-04-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm sure they can be boring but I don't see any Maryland poolrooms on your resume? It might be fun to add one even if you don't take a cue. I think there are some other CCBers near there. It's an adventure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

~rod, 3 hr meeting saturday morning

SpiderMan
06-04-2004, 09:39 AM
All the places you've ever played are within a few hours' drive of one another! You need to get out more!

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
06-04-2004, 09:50 AM
You're right! I'm putting the Best Little Pool House in Texas on my To Visit list! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
06-04-2004, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> All the places you've ever played are within a few hours' drive of one another! <hr /></blockquote>
Wendy is in New York. I would guess, to get to many of these rooms it is either a "few hours drive" or a 15 minute walk. Take your pick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-04-2004, 09:57 AM
every honky-tonk in hamiltucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Actually, out of all of them, the closest walking distance is Park Slope Billiards and it would probably take me 40 minutes to walk there.