PDA

View Full Version : Back to school

pooljunkie73
06-03-2004, 04:05 PM
A decade after dropping out of high school, I am finally going back. This morning I got the great news that I was accepted into a computer training institute. I am going to be taking a Network/Security Administration course starting in September. I imagine it will take me a little bit to get back in the swing of things, but I'm looking forward to it.

Just thought I would share some of my good news with you all, I haven't been getting much lately. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. A big thank you to Highsea, you gave me alot of help a couple of weeks ago, it was greatly appreciated.

Kent Mc.

UWPoolGod
06-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey good job man, lots of people say they'll go back and never do. A friend of mine is one class away from his mathematics degree from UW and has now been out 4 years. He has been working since then for the Seattle Mariners in various positions and is now in charge of all concessions. Less to say I love it cause he hooks me up with food and beer when I go to the game. It'll be interesting to see how far he goes without his degree, or they may tell him to take that last class to get it out of the way.

highsea
06-03-2004, 05:55 PM
That's great news Kent! Let me know if I can do anything to help.
-CM

Barbara
06-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Dude,

You're awsome. What cert did you go through. Or if any???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~did punched cards in college...

dg-in-centralpa
06-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Congratulations! Good Luck.

DG - after 25+ years out of school, now wishes I would have gone to college

Wally_in_Cincy
06-04-2004, 07:08 AM
You will not regret it. I went to college in 1992 after graduating high school in 1975 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had to re-learn algebra in an adult education class before I could go on to engineering classes. I learned computer drafting and found out I was pretty damn good at it.

I've been drafting for 12 years now. I'm not getting rich but I have developed a good work record and a good network and if I was laid off tomorrow I could get another job within about 3 days.

Good luck dude.

pooljunkie73
06-04-2004, 07:18 AM
Thanks everyone. After working in the pool hall for the past 4 years I was royally screwed by my employer. So I decided that it was the perfect oppertunity to go back. After having some computer problems awhile back I found I was really interested in it, some that is what I am taking. Plus the pay will be a whole lot better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kent Mc.

eg8r
06-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Congrats on going back. I don't think I have ever heard anyone that has regretted going back to school. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
06-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Hey dg, you can still go. My boss' Ma went back at the age of 72 and majored in English and graduated! I forgot which school. Somewhere in Washington.

pooljunkie73
06-30-2004, 05:21 PM
WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just recieved confirmation that I got my student loan. I start school in September, I can't wait.

Kent Mc.

PQQLK9
06-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Good news,I am happy for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif