PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Would you buy a cue over the Internet?

Tom_In_Cincy
02-19-2002, 05:10 PM
How about it? ever even consider purchasing a cue over the internet?

02-19-2002, 08:01 PM
As long as I had the option to send it back if I didin't like the hit.

LC3
02-20-2002, 08:13 AM
I bought three cues over the Internet. I bought a Jacoby from Billiardwarehouse.com, so I knew I could exchange it if I didn't like it. The other two were DZ cues. I checked with a few people who'd ordered from Bob Dzuricky, and they all gave him their highest recommendation. All three cues are really nice.

All three of these cues were under $500. If I were shelling out a couple thousand for something really exotic, I wouldn't do it over the Internet unless I had the option of returning the cue.

clarence
02-20-2002, 08:28 AM
depends on the seller. If its from a place like Hawleys then I dont see a problem.

Rich R.
02-20-2002, 09:33 AM
I would consider it, with reservations. I recently attempted to buy a cue on ebay. It was a Hercek cue and it was being sold by Jer of Blackheart. I was very interested in that cue, but one of the main factors that I considered before I bid, was that I knew that the cue was coming from a reliable source. This made a big difference to me.

Within minutes after the bidding ended, and I did not get the cue, I received an email via ebay, from some one stating they had a similar Hercek cue for sale and would sell it to me for a substantial amount less than the winning bid for the ebay cue. Needless to say, since I had no idea of the source, I trashed the email and did not respond. Rich R.~~~very careful where he buys expensive cues.

02-20-2002, 11:03 AM
I sell on cues on eBay (gargamania). I must say it is very sad to hear about all of the scams that have happened! It makes it difficult for honest sellers like me, to sell quality product.

I do email people after someone else's auction for the same cue ends. BUT, I point them to my auction already existing on eBay!

I heard of that guy who sold a Pechauer cue "picture" to 2 different people. That guy really pissed me off. I read a thread on rec.sport.billiard on Google where this jerk says that his auction specified that it was a picture. My problem with that is he started bidding at $600.

It is very true what they have posted on eBay...caveat emptor (buyer beware). Make sure to look at the seller's feedback, email and ask as many questions as you can think of (especially if the cue is a factory second, new, used, etc.), email one of the sellers other cue buyers and ask for their honest opinion in the seller. Another great research tool is to do a search for the cue you want and then click on completed items hyperlink on the left side. This will tell you how much the cue has sold for in the past 2 weeks. Also you can see who are the big sellers of that cue...and they are usually more reputable.

Good luck and have safe shopping on eBay or other internet sites.

SureShot

02-20-2002, 11:13 AM
Another great site is OzoneParkBilliards.com They have great prices and reputation!

There are some pretty good internet sites that sell billiard cues and supplies that are reputable. I suggest to anyone is interested in purchasing online, to do research first (look at different companies and prices) and THEN make a final decision. Do not jump into ANY sale before you educate yourself and find the best prices with a company you feel comfortable with. Don't forget to take shipping charges into consideration. There are many sites who offer FREE shipping.

Good luck to all!
SureShot

HarryDC
02-20-2002, 11:24 AM
I purchased all my cues on line even the one's for my pool room at home. All Falcon Cues which are my favorate. My
personel cues are 3 Falcon Whistlers with 13mm Predator Shafts. Falcon Cues have the best service on line in the World save for Tokyo Pool and Cue Company.

HarryDC