PDA

View Full Version : uni-lock joint on cue

trailboss
06-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone! I am thinking of getting a uni-lock joint put on my cue so that i can quickly change my break shaft with my shooting shaft. Any pro,s or con,s about them? Thanks!

daviddjmp
06-04-2004, 08:47 AM
There are numerous threads on the pros and cons of the Uni-lock, even within the last month or so. If you search on that you will get plenty of information. IMO, you should just buy an inexpensive break cue. To alter your playing cue for the sake of quickness seems like the wrong path to take here. Plus, it may cost more to have the joint redone properly than an acceptable break cue would cost.

Rich R.
06-04-2004, 09:49 AM
I believe it would be more cost effective, and a whole lot easier, to get an inexpensive cue for breaking.
If your current cue is inexpensive, get another one.
I believe it would cost more to change the joint.

Another thing to consider is, some sets of rules specify that if a player breaks down their cue, it means they are conceding the match.
I wouldn't want to take any chances, of giving the wrong impression. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PoOn
06-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I say just buy an expensive cue and use your old 1 for breaking... I think that would be better because if you put a new joint on your cue you would just be spending a lot of money on 1 cue but if you buy an expensive cue and use your old 1 fer breaking then you would have 2 cues...

Popcorn
06-05-2004, 06:16 PM
This is just a thought, but you could have some of the threads on the break shaft drilled out leaving enough for a good connection but not so many you have to do a lot of threading. I would not mess with the playing shaft though. It would at least accomplish a little what you want. I have seen guys change shafts in the past but it is kind of a hassle. You would think it would not be, but when you break and make a ball it interrupts the momentum a little. I don't have a hard break anymore and prefer to just break with my playing cue and stay at the table after the break rather then walking around fussing with different cues. There are some pretty good players that don't use break cues.

KGeeED
06-07-2004, 12:54 PM
I played in a league where the loser breaks. This may solve your problem. Always play that the loser breaks. Don't lose and you will not have to break. LOL