PDA

View Full Version : Karen Corr vs Earl Strickland...Joss tour

cueball1950
06-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Az billiards is reporting that these 2 fine players will meet tonight @ 7PM on the winners side in the 4th round of the Joss Tour final tournament in Portland, Maine. Earl states the last time he played a woman in competition was 10 years ago and that was none other than Jean Balukis. Anyway, i wish i could be there for that one....goos luck to both players,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mike

Harold Acosta
06-04-2004, 06:29 PM
This should be an interesting match to watch. I wonder how they would fare against each other.

Any results now?

Harold Acosta
06-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Earl Strickland 9 - Karen Corr 5

cuechick
06-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Very interesting story tool, Earl actually compliments Karen, which is BIG coming from him. He is one of the original chavinist of the sport. Love the picture too...classic Corr face!
http://www.azbilliards.com/miscpics/earlkaren.jpg

cueball1950
06-05-2004, 11:35 AM
cuechick,,,,your the best... Earl was a complete gentleman is right. wonder if that could be cuz of his new woman...lolso are you going to come visit us at the open this year and play in our little tournament. you would be welcomed with open arms by everyone..........mike

cuechick
06-06-2004, 10:40 AM
I have no idea when the open is or where? I'd love to go one year but this is not a great time. I am moving the end of this month to Atlanta and work is keeping me busy but I will keep it in mind.
Thanks for the invite! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cueball1950
06-06-2004, 05:01 PM
it starts on labor day this year and our little big tournament wil be held the saturday after. it starts. we always have fun and there are never any hard feelings. and we all get to go out and eat together. sure is alot of fun for all of us...............................mike