PDA

View Full Version : I doubt there is a way but...

sack316
06-04-2004, 07:12 PM
I started a new job here actually last week. Next weekend is the city 9 ball championships, in which I have 3 teams qualified... so I like my odds of going to vegas this year. The problem is to get off that weekend I am working hallacious hours all week which will not give me hardly any time to practice... if any at all. It was like that this week too, and overall my stroke felt off and I didn't shoot that good, and my schedule will only get worse next week. Any advice from you guys on a way to maybe keep in stroke and comfortable at the table without actually being at the table and practicing? I really want to shoot my absolute best game next weekend, and don't want all of the years work to go to waste by me blowing it for any of my teams. Hopefully someone here is can work some magic or is a hypnotist! thanks in advance guys.

Qtec
06-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Any advice from you guys on a way to maybe keep in stroke and comfortable at the table without actually being at the table and practicing? I really want to shoot my absolute best game next weekend, <font color="blue">You are asking too much of yourself. You can only ever expect to play normally. Anything more is a bonus. </font color> and don't want all of the years work to go to waste by me blowing it for any of my teams. <font color="blue"> . You are only responsible for your own match,not the team result. If you play as a team,you win and lose as a team. Also,the match hasnt even started yet so you have nothing to 'blow'.You cant blow something you dont have. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif When you get on the table in your match you want to be concentrating on pocketing one ball and getting shape on the next. Nothing else. Any other thoughts, ie winning/losing are just distractions. </font color>

Stay positive ,keep things in perspective and dont look too far ahead. Hope this helps.

Qtec

Wayne
06-05-2004, 01:01 AM
I would spend some time before you go to sleep getting pictures in your mind of you calmly stroking in 8 balls or 9 balls depending on the game you play. You can make them from all different positions. This should help to prepare you mentally for the matches.