PDA

View Full Version : New Tips and Shaft cleaning Solution

PoolFool
06-04-2004, 10:19 PM
A friend of mine has solved the problem of replacing tips and cleaning shafts. When his tip wears down, he buys another $39.95 cue. Before you discount him as just a ball banger consider that I have seen him win 4 out of 5 against one of the top 5 players in Dallas with his $40 stick. In a league of 11, 5 person teams, he was the # 1 points leader.
Not that I would give up my Moori on the Predator, but there just may be something to that ability thing. He does have several cues. Some over $500, but he shoots just as well with the cheap ones. I don't think I could ever go the disposable cue route but it sure eleminates a lot of exuses.

PQQLK9
06-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Brilliant...absolutely ...Brilliant

Troy
06-05-2004, 08:48 AM
Whatever floats his boat... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
IMO, finding a $40 cue that's straight and hits well is no easy task...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolFool:</font><hr> A friend of mine has solved the problem of replacing tips and cleaning shafts. When his tip wears down, he buys another $39.95 cue. Before you discount him as just a ball banger consider that I have seen him win 4 out of 5 against one of the top 5 players in Dallas with his $40 stick. In a league of 11, 5 person teams, he was the # 1 points leader.
Not that I would give up my Moori on the Predator, but there just may be something to that ability thing. He does have several cues. Some over $500, but he shoots just as well with the cheap ones. I don't think I could ever go the disposable cue route but it sure eleminates a lot of exuses. <hr /></blockquote>