PDA

View Full Version : Former President Reagan Dies

PQQLK9
06-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Saturday, June 5, 2004 Updated 5:49 p.m. ET
Breaking News
Former President Reagan Dies
40th president, who helped usher in the end of the Cold War and was an icon to American conservatives, suffered from Alzheimer's.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/?LOAD_PAGE&reload=true

mred477
06-05-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm too young to remember much about Reagan, but the impact of his winning the cold war, the Berlin Wall coming down, and supply-side economics definitely are still present today.

Also, we shouldn't forget the anniversary of D-Day. Anyone who's read anything about this knows what a gigantic undertaking it truly was. I'm proud that my two grandfathers served in WWII, and to all those who have served or serve now, I want to thank them.

Will

Ralph S.
06-05-2004, 11:35 PM
I may draw some criticism by the political junkies on the forum, but I truly believe that Mr.Reagan was one of our greatest presidents ever. My prayers and sympathy are extended to the Reagan family.

bluewolf
06-06-2004, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I may draw some criticism by the political junkies on the forum, but I truly believe that Mr.Reagan was one of our greatest presidents ever. My prayers and sympathy are extended to the Reagan family. <hr /></blockquote>

I personally think that he was a fine man who did what he really believed was best and that he was also a good president. I think mostly about the fine person he was in my sorrow that he had to suffer from that dread disease and finally his death.

IMO, in many ways, the passing of Ronald Reagon, sadly, marks the passing of an era of integrity in politics.

Laura