PDA

View Full Version : TAD cue :)

aminoacid5
06-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Got my Tad cue from LA a few weeks ago. Absolutely love it!! But at the same time, to scared to play with it /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I also ordered a Capone cue from Mr. Capone in NJ. Will be ready in a few month (meanwhile, I can save up some money to pay for all these). The art work on Tad cue is so detailed, especially from a 70 year old man. Unreal!! Anyway, just want to share the joy!!

tateuts
06-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Congrats - Tad is a classic. How long did it take from the time you ordered it?

Chris

aminoacid5
06-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Thanks, Chris. I was out in LA for 4 days, and JJ cues happened to have a very nice one on hand. Therefore, I didn't have to wait at all. The art work is just amazing. I hope to pass it down to my kid one day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

JPB
06-08-2004, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote aminoacid5:</font><hr> Thanks, Chris. I was out in LA for 4 days, and JJ cues happened to have a very nice one on hand. Therefore, I didn't have to wait at all. The art work is just amazing. I hope to pass it down to my kid one day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. <hr /></blockquote>

Did you get the "Hoppe" one 4 pt 4 veneer w/ an ivory butt ring? # 4 I think they call it? Nice cue.

Popcorn
06-08-2004, 09:37 AM
I had a Tad years ago i bought second hand, very plain. Just stained birdseye and some pearl diamonds behind the wrap. I like it and was out his way and called him about ordering a cue. I could not understand what he was saying other then, "No come by shop, no visitors, good by" and he hung up on me.

Rod
06-08-2004, 10:24 AM
I went one day with Carl over to Tad's shop in the 60's. He gave me a little tour. Hard to understand but I did recognize the fact he wanted to give me one of his cues. I'm not sure exactly why but it had to be because Carl must have said something in an earlier conversation. It was a plain Jane with linen wrap. I don't have a clue when he first started but that cue fell apart on me, literally, after I left Cali. Back then getting a cue repaired was not likely in smaller cities. It got tossed but his work today is quite impressive. Jeez I thought he was old guy then, he must be well past 70 now.
Rod