PDA

View Full Version : Women's Soccer on ESPN...no Pool

PQQLK9
06-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Foiled Again! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

stickman
06-06-2004, 08:13 PM
And what's all this spelling bee junk? Don't they have any pool reruns to show. This is supposed to be a sports channel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

catscradle
06-08-2004, 04:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> And what's all this spelling bee junk? Don't they have any pool reruns to show. This is supposed to be a sports channel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Whether or not spelling bees are a sport I guess represents an extreme extrapolation of the debate over whether or not pool is a sport. Where does sport end and game begin?

Could the sad truth be that spelling bees get better ratings than pool? I think I'd rather watch a spelling bee than golf, maybe most people feel that way about spelling bees vs. pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

snook
06-08-2004, 01:27 PM
well. i can see them showing soccer before pool, it IS the worlds largest sport. and i would say the only reason the bee's went so well is because everyones mom watch's it every time it shows. i pass up pool alot of times on tv because its normally a rerun. unless is the women of course....

PQQLK9
06-08-2004, 02:17 PM
My objection is only with the abrupt schedule changes.I once recorded what I thought was the World Series of Poker only to have recorded Pool.(talk about mixed emotions /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif