PDA

View Full Version : Triple Bummer

wolfdancer
06-08-2004, 08:13 AM
SAt was a disaster...Smarty spoils the party, and loses $15 mil ($5m bonus and the $40m bid was $50m, if he had won)His stud fees will go down accordingly
Then the death of RR
and worst of all...I lose my first two matches...and my chance at the $50 top prize.
Good news though...my stud fees remain unchanged, at least until I win the U.S. Open

Rich R.
06-08-2004, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> SAt was a disaster...Smarty spoils the party, and loses $15 mil ($5m bonus and the $40m bid was $50m, if he had won)His stud fees will go down accordingly
<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">Unless you owned a piece of Smaty, I don't believe this will affect you. </font color>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>Then the death of RR<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">We should all get to live to 93. </font color>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>and worst of all...I lose my first two matches...and my chance at the $50 top prize.<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">Now this is the one serious problem you had. Hope you, at least, had a little fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>Good news though...my stud fees remain unchanged, at least until I win the U.S. Open <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">Of course, currently, you could double or triple your "stud fees" and it really wouldn't matter, would it?</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr Ingrate
06-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Jack,

I share your love of horses, in fact I have donated a lot of money for sick horses.

Of course I didn't know they were sick when I made my donation.

Dave

wolfdancer
06-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Dave, there's the old story " I bet $100 on a horse I could have bought for $50 "
I was sitting in a bar in Albany, NY one time, and the bartended was telling me that he had gone to the traack, won several races, parlaying the bet, and now it was all on his favorite horse. As the horse was roaring down the backstretch, far out in the lead..the bartender was mentally buying himself a bar with the winnings. About a hundred feet from the finish, the horse dropped dead.
But the best story that I ever read took place during the 20's....two brothers go to the track with $20,bet and win, parlaying the bet for 7 races..to the tune of $around $30k ( my memory is a little hazy here ). One brother goes to collect...but then bets it all on the heavyweight championship fight...he has a tip that Louis Firpo will beat Jack Dempsey.
In one of the great fights of that era ...ESPN tells it better then I could:
Jack Dempsey and Luis Firpo engage in one of the most exciting bouts in boxing history. Dempsey survives two knockdowns, including one in which he is knocked clear out of the ring by the Argentinean, and retains his heavyweight championship.

Seconds after the opening bell, Dempsey is on one knee after a right to the jaw from "The Wild Bull of the Pampas." Dempsey retaliates by knocking down Firpo seven times.

But before the first round ends, a desperation right by Firpo sends Dempsey through the ropes and onto a sportswriter's typewriter, much to the shock of some 90,000 fans at the Polo Grounds in New York. The writer and a Western Union operator help Dempsey make it back inside the ring before the count of 10.

Firpo, who outweighs Dempsey by 24 pounds, can't put the finishing blow to the champ. Dempsey uses Firpo for a punching bag in the second round before knocking him out, ending the fight after three minutes and 57 seconds of mayhem.

His brother says "How could you do that, bet all that money on the fight?"...and he says "Ah, we lost only $20"
Australia is the best country for Horse racing....on track bookies...make up your own combo bets....