PDA

View Full Version : Tony Robles not in WPC ??

Wally_in_Cincy
06-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Tony Robles name is not on the list for the WPC.

Does anyone know why?

Eric.
06-08-2004, 09:50 AM
I think Tony got an invite but declined due to personal reasons/family obligations. Too bad. He's playing really good.

Eric

Nostroke
06-08-2004, 01:11 PM
He was yes and no on it and was pressed to make decision. He wanted more time but had to say no. He didnt like 18 hour flight- Said if it was Cardiff, he would go.

Too bad- would have liked to see him go.

I had him at 125-1 with English Bookie. I ll get refund but just not sure when.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Are there usually any vendors at the WPBA tourneys? (Peoria). DrCuesPtotege at AZB wants to know.

Look for the thread "Question about Peoria"

thanks dude

Nostroke
06-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Nope- usually no vendors when the WPBA Event is the sole event. It is possible to be a vendor i believe because there were a couple in Miami 2 or 3 years back. Maybe the WPBA asks too much and no one has been willing to shell out lately.

Last year, the Nationals was held in Oregon in conjunction with some League Championships and there were tons of vendors but they were situated in the APA? room. Last year at Peoria there was some league thing too but i don't remember any vendors and I am not sure if that league thing is back this year.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-09-2004, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> Nope- usually no vendors when the WPBA Event is the sole event. It is possible to be a vendor i believe because there were a couple in Miami 2 or 3 years back. Maybe the WPBA asks too much and no one has been willing to shell out lately.

Last year, the Nationals was held in Oregon in conjunction with some League Championships and there were tons of vendors but they were situated in the APA? room. Last year at Peoria there was some league thing too but i don't remember any vendors and I am not sure if that league thing is back this year. <hr /></blockquote>

That's sort of what I figured. You would have to have a big pretty large attendance number for the vendors to schlep all their stuff to Peoria.

Chris Cass
06-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Gosh,

I hope he plays the Open. I don't know much about Charlies org but I hope he shows up.

Regards,

C.C.