PDA

View Full Version : The CCB III Tourney/CCB Dinner

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Ok kiddies. Now that the hoopla of Vegas is over, it's time to concentrate on what's coming up in just 3 months!

The CCB III Tourney List of Players

When: Saturday, September 11, 2004
Time: 10 AM (warm up, register)
Where: Virginia Beach, VA (poolroom TBA)
Format: TBA

1. Barbara
2. 9 Ball Girl
3. RichR
4. Tom_in_Cincy
5. Eric.
6. Frank_Glenn
7. mr8ballme
8. SPetty
9. Wally_in_Cincy
10.Brian in VA
11.JMD in VA
12.pooldaddy9
13.JayCee
14.Kato
15.phil in sofla
16.JackPot_George
17.cueball1950
18.ras314
19.Ken
20.Voodoo Daddy
21.poolplayer1988
22.Ross
23.sack316
24.Gayle in MD
25.bluewolf
26.whitewolf
27.RedHell
28.Chris Cass

***Remember to PM me with Count Me In! in the subject line if you'd like to play. If you'd like to donate a prize, PM Tom_in_Cincy or Barbara. We're looking for a 32 player field.

So far we've got the following donations for prizes:

--1st and 2nd Place Trophies from cueball1950
--Allison Fisher series Cuetech Cue w/1x1 Guiseppe case from cueball1950
--Bag 'O Nuts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place from Barbara
--The Billiards Workbook from Doctor_D
--One case (36 count) of The Billiards Workbook ceramic mugs from Doctor_D
--2x4 leather Cowboy style case from Predator314
--2x2 Pro Series case from 9 Ball Girl
--Four 1 year Inside Pool Subscriptions from Inside Pool Magazine
--Four Inside Pool Tee Shirts from Inside Pool Magazine
--The Stroke Trainer from mr8ballme
--2 Hour Private Videotaped Lesson w/Scott Lee from Scott Lee
--permanent activation key for the Pool Tournament Manager software from Mr Ingrate aka Dave
--one year, unrestricted, activation key for the new Pool Tournament Director software from Mr Ingrate aka Dave

Note: On Friday, September 10, we're all meeting in the lobby of the Holiday Inn at 5 PM to go eat dinner at Ruby Tuesday.

Wendy<---90 days til I land in Norfolk! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2004, 10:49 AM
We're going to have our little CCB Dinner at Ruby Tuesday on Friday, September 10. We're all going to meet at the lobby of the Holiday Inn at 5 PM. I haven't made the reservations yet but I've already spoken to the restaurant manager and was told that they can accomodate us for 5:30 PM (I told her that it will be something like 20 of us but I'll be more specific as the time nears).

http://www.rubytuesday.com/locations/graphics/locationsLogo.jpg
1412 Greenbrier Parkway, #130
Chesapeake, VA

Click Here For Their Menu and Other Info (http://www.rubytuesday.com/)

A couple of us went to Ruby Tuesday last year and we loved it.

Wendy<---will be eating for free this year. Ain't that right Kato? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
06-08-2004, 12:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> We're going to have our little CCB Dinner at Ruby Tuesday on Friday, September 10. We're all going to meet at the lobby of the Holiday Inn at 5 PM. I haven't made the reservations yet but I've already spoken to the restaurant manager and was told that they can accomodate us for 5:30 PM (I told her that it will be something like 20 of us but I'll be more specific as the time nears).
<hr /></blockquote>

Unless, of course, CC has a match around that time and we'll all be sweating it, right?

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Hmmm. Good point. CC will probably still be on the winner's side so his match won't be til 7 PMish anyway so therefore he can join us! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, being a CC sweator myself, I'd hate to have the conflict but unfortunately that's the best day to have our dinner because that's when the majority of the CCBers are in town and the action really starts to pick up at this point so Saturday and Sunday night are definitely out. What to do? I guess we'll leave it up to whomever wants to sweat or eat at the convention center. We usually haul a$$ back to the convention center right after we eat and are in time for the 7PMish matches. Unless there's a better idea out there?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-08-2004, 01:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ... Unless there's a better idea out there? <hr /></blockquote>

I think your idea is just fine. Of course it doesn't matter because some natural or man-made disaster will certainly appear to preclude my attendance.

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2004, 01:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I think your idea is just fine. Of course it doesn't matter because some natural or man-made disaster will certainly appear to preclude my attendance. <hr /></blockquote>Bite your tongue!!! One hurricane was enough!

Wendy&lt;---Hurricane or no Hurricane, the CCBers stand tough!

RedHell
06-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Wendy,

I understood from previous mail we exchanged that the tourny is for CCB'ers, but what about the dinner, can our better half join us ?

Chris Cass
06-08-2004, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
Unless, of course, CC has a match around that time and we'll all be sweating it, right?

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Aww Thanks Barbara,

That won't matter. I know who's there behind me even if it's appearent that your all at the restaurant eating. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~Barbara' #1 fan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Chris, you know we will all be there for you....

Been there, done that, got a CCB tee shirt from KarateMom...

Doctor_D
06-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey Chris:

They may be at the reataurant chowing down while you are embroiled in your match. However, I will be there to cheer you on and root for your victory!

Dr. D.

Chris Cass
06-08-2004, 02:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hmmm. Good point. CC will probably still be on the winner's side so his match won't be til 7 PMish anyway so therefore he can join us! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, being a CC sweator myself, I'd hate to have the conflict but unfortunately that's the best day to have our dinner because that's when the majority of the CCBers are in town and the action really starts to pick up at this point so Saturday and Sunday night are definitely out. What to do? I guess we'll leave it up to whomever wants to sweat or eat at the convention center. We usually haul a$$ back to the convention center right after we eat and are in time for the 7PMish matches. Unless there's a better idea out there? <hr /></blockquote>

Hey girl, wait a min now. Where's my name on the tourney list? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I promise not to embarrass myself like lastime and spend the whole time in the restroom, getting sick again. I'm much better this time. I surely hope, I didn't ruin yours and Tom' dinner. Although, Tom didn't stop much for air. LOL

Dinner shouldn't be a problem. I think if I did have a match? I still will be able to make it to the restaurant in 5.5 seconds. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif LOL

You know I tried to secretly pump Brady for who my gracious benefactor was. Who with their big heart put me in this thing, but the kid wouldn't budge. Told me he didn't know. Even I know there's a paper trail. LOL

Of course, I threatened him with a headlock. (told him he'd have to bend down for me first) LOL Still, he wasn't budging. That's the stuff I admire. Don't get me wrong, I know I have the initials right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll just leave my cell on and you can call while I'm in the match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2004, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Wendy,

I understood from previous mail we exchanged that the tourny is for CCB'ers, but what about the dinner, can our better half join us ? <hr /></blockquote>She can only join us if she's atleast an SL 3.

Just kidding of course she can!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
06-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks Dr. D.,

I believe you will be 100%. I also thank you for your generous sponsorship and think you'll be surprized at how I try my hardest to represent your company. I know you ask very little of me and that says a lot about you.

Regards,

9 Ball Girl
06-08-2004, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hey girl, wait a min now. Where's my name on the tourney list? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">Goodness! What was I thinking? Well, you're on there now bud.</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>I promise not to embarrass myself like lastime and spend the whole time in the restroom, getting sick again. I'm much better this time. I surely hope, I didn't ruin yours and Tom' dinner. Although, Tom didn't stop much for air. LOL<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">Uh, excuse me, you did not ruin my and I'm sure Tom's dinner. Hello, we're like family! Nothing phases us! You did notice that Tom didn't stop for air! LOL We love you so don't worry!</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>Dinner shouldn't be a problem. I think if I did have a match? I still will be able to make it to the restaurant in 5.5 seconds. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif LOL<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">With the way these guys drive, you'd get there faster! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>I'll just leave my cell on and you can call while I'm in the match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">Would that be to shark you or your opponent? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

RedHell
06-08-2004, 02:43 PM
My bet is if she was playing APA, she'd be an SL3...

Tho I must admit, I don't even know how an SL3 plays like ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
06-08-2004, 04:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> They may be at the reataurant chowing down while you are embroiled in your match...<hr /></blockquote>Hey Doctor_D,

Aren't you going to join us for dinner? And I didn't see your name on the tournament list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kato
06-08-2004, 04:17 PM
I guess Wendy. What bet did I lose to you again? Must have been Yankees/Red Sox huh?

Kato

Barbara
06-08-2004, 05:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> Hey Chris:

They may be at the reataurant chowing down while you are embroiled in your match. However, I will be there to cheer you on and root for your victory!

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>

That works for me!! Like heck I'd be caught at a restaurant while CC's playing!! In fact, I think we should all get take-out and sweat the match.

Barbara~~~CC's #1 fan... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
06-09-2004, 04:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> That works for me!! Like heck I'd be caught at a restaurant while CC's playing!! In fact, I think we should all get take-out and sweat the match.

Barbara~~~CC's #1 fan... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Don't worry Barbara, the finals are not until Sunday. We will all be watching Chris at that match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Doctor_D
06-09-2004, 04:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> They may be at the reataurant chowing down while you are embroiled in your match...<hr /></blockquote>Hey Doctor_D,

Aren't you going to join us for dinner? And I didn't see your name on the tournament list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

My time will be consumed at my booth. As such, no playtime for Dr. D.

Chris Cass
06-09-2004, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>I'll just leave my cell on and you can call while I'm in the match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">Would that be to shark you or your opponent? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHA Just thinking back when that one Asian guy was talking on his cell in a match. I saw the pic and I think he was playing Earl. LOL

Personally, I think that cheesy and really disrespectful to your opponent but in Fla you can do it, as long as it's your turn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~pools the only game I play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chris Cass
06-09-2004, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Wendy,

I understood from previous mail we exchanged that the tourny is for CCB'ers, but what about the dinner, can our better half join us ? <hr /></blockquote>

How could you even think of asking a question like that? Of course, were all family here. The one think you can't do is share the secret CCB handshake. That's unforgivable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-09-2004, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> HAHAHAHA Just thinking back when that one Asian guy was talking on his cell in a match. I saw the pic and I think he was playing Earl. LOL <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.espnstar.com/jsp/cda/photo/upload/557121chaofong-pang_tpe2.jpg

Fong-Pang Chao.

It wasn't against Earl. It may have been Corey.

cueball1950
06-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Aw c'mon Doc... you can steal away an hour or so if even to just make a cameo appearance. you know we all love ya and it would mean alot to all of us.....................mike

RedHell
06-09-2004, 02:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Wendy,

I understood from previous mail we exchanged that the tourny is for CCB'ers, but what about the dinner, can our better half join us ? <hr /></blockquote>

How could you even think of asking a question like that? Of course, were all family here. The one think you can't do is share the secret CCB handshake. That's unforgivable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

I guess I would have to learn it first ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Speaking of 'consuming' is a single malt beverage going to be able to get you away from your booth?

Friday nite is the dinner, but I will be there from Sunday thru Monday the 13th. I would enjoy sharing your company for a 'few' after your booth closes. I am also sure that we will be joined by other late nite CCB'ers for nite CAPs.. and POOL.

I plan on making many trips to Q-Masters for a friendly game or two or three....

Doctor_D
06-10-2004, 05:07 AM
OK Folks, you win ,,,,,

Dinner and a nice single malt with some friends, priceless ...

Dr. D.

Frank_Glenn
06-10-2004, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> OK Folks, you win ,,,,,

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>

Might I suggest The Balvenie, Double Wood?

Chris Cass
06-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Hi Ya Kato,

Hey man, don't forget to leave me a list of stuff your bringing to the tourney. That way it'll be easier to find all the crap you leave behind. Don't worry buddy, I do it for Spike all the time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~Kato' maid........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
06-10-2004, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
That works for me!! Like heck I'd be caught at a restaurant while CC's playing!! In fact, I think we should all get take-out and sweat the match.
Barbara~~~CC's #1 fan... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Is Gus coming? I sure would like to play him some One Pocket. I have a game with Tom too.

Regards,

C.C.~~please no take out stuff. enjoy the dinner and you'll love WesK. Heide wanted to take him home with us and Spike wanted to also. I'm chop liver. hahha I'm sure well have dinner all togather and the tourney won't be a problem. It's not like we all won't see eachother the whole time anyway. also, Gus looks like a hitman. LOL

Doctor_D
06-10-2004, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Ya Kato,

Hey man, don't forget to leave me a list of stuff your bringing to the tourney. That way it'll be easier to find all the crap you leave behind. Don't worry buddy, I do it for Spike all the time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~Kato' maid........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

Keep in mind that the Billiards Workbook exhibit booth will be available to all CCBrs who need to "check" there "stuff" for awhile. Also, as we did at the Super Billiards expo in Valley Forge, we will have a CCB sign in sheet and message board.

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I guess Wendy. What bet did I lose to you again? Must have been Yankees/Red Sox huh?

Kato <hr /></blockquote>Yup. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
06-10-2004, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>you'll love WesK. <hr /></blockquote>

Speaking of WesK, I don't see Wes or Mike M. on the list of players for the tournament.

What's up guys? It won't be the same without the two of you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If your lurking, at least jump in and let us know your alright.

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> OK Folks, you win ,,,,,

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>Finally we'll have that "cocktails and conversation"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Doctor_D
06-10-2004, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> OK Folks, you win ,,,,,

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>Finally we'll have that "cocktails and conversation"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely !!!

Especially since you were so busy at the Expo. Woman, you sure are popular ...

Dr. D.

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> Absolutely !!!

Especially since you were so busy at the Expo. Woman, you sure are popular ...

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>LOL That's definitely true about the expo. My BF couldn't believe the amounts of "Hey 9 Ball Girl" or "Wendyyyyyy", etc. that I received. He'll learn and better get used to it!

Wendy&lt;---in VA from 9/6 - 9/13 /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brady_Behrman
06-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Guys and Gals, I have the place for you..

Yukon Steak House, Everything is simply superb..

And the atmosphere is even better

http://www.yukonsteakco.com

My wife runs the place, and you will LOVE it..
5 Minutes from Q-Masters.

Brady

Rich R.
06-10-2004, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> Guys and Gals, I have the place for you..

Yukon Steak House, Everything is simply superb..

And the atmosphere is even better

My wife runs the place, and you will LOVE it..
5 Minutes from Q-Masters.

Brady <hr /></blockquote>
Brady, didn't we try to go there last year. They said they couldn't take us, because of a little storm that blew through. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brady_Behrman
06-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Yes, that lil storm put a damper on that..

I promise if you go there, it will only make the trip that much better. Very Homey and Incredible food.. My dad and i go there every other week or so..

They have this Filet Imperial that is out of this world, but its no joke, I have had almost all their entees and "Goose Egg" on the complaints..

You will make it a yearly deal, promise

Brady

P.S. Ruby tuesday is in EVERY City, theres only one Yukon

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Well, I'll go with wherever the majority wants to go. I'm flexible.

And...there is no Ruby Tuesday in every city. Atleast not the city of New York. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
06-10-2004, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr>
P.S. Ruby tuesday is in EVERY City, theres only one Yukon <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, Ruby Tuesday is a chain. I would really like to try this place!

Barbara~~~rib eye and crab leg cluster combo... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-10-2004, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr>
P.S. Ruby tuesday is in EVERY City, theres only one Yukon <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, Ruby Tuesday is a chain. I would really like to try this place!

Barbara~~~rib eye and crab leg cluster combo... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

and crab dip . yum

Ruby Tuesday's very good but it's just another Applebee's, Bennigan's, O'Charley's etc. etc.

9BG, I vote Yukon. Sorry you did all that work for naught.

Rich R.
06-10-2004, 12:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Well, I'll go with wherever the majority wants to go. I'm flexible.
<hr /></blockquote>
I will go wherever there is food. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Brady_Behrman
06-10-2004, 12:08 PM
i see , fridaty at 530, how many people do u think will be there, ill let them know if you'll decide to eat at The Hampton Roads areas most delicious, fun, scrumptdilious, yummy, appetizing, delightful, AFFORDABLE etc. restaraunt

Brady

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Well, last year we had something like 20 people (I counted heads in a picture taken at the Lone Star). So I'm going to assume that we'll have that many--give or take a few.

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> 9BG, I vote Yukon. Sorry you did all that work for naught. <hr /></blockquote>Nah not yet. All I did was call the number and assure that they can hold a crowd of 20something. No biggie. I vote for Yukon since we got washed out of going there last year by some broad named Isabel.

Besides, upon arrival to VA, I'll probably go to Ruby Tuesday with my dear old "Dad" Tom. It's traditional! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
06-10-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm hungry already....looks like the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-10-2004, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ... my dear old "Dad" Tom. ... <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sure glad ol' Dad has a sense of humor /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 12:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ... my dear old "Dad" Tom. ... <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sure glad ol' Dad has a sense of humor /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Oh yeah. He knows what I'm talking about. It's an inside joke that I'll post after I get my "Dad's" permission. Teehee.

Wendy&lt;---knows who's her daddy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I'm hungry already....looks like the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hey Nick are you coming? I don't have you on my Tourney list?

Barbara
06-10-2004, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>and crab dip . yum

Ruby Tuesday's very good but it's just another Applebee's, Bennigan's, O'Charley's etc. etc.

9BG, I vote Yukon. Sorry you did all that work for naught. <hr /></blockquote>

And look, Wally!! It's within staggerin... ummm walking distance!!

Barbara~~~and crab dip... mmmmmmmm.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> And look, Wally!! It's within staggerin... ummm walking distance!!<hr /></blockquote>Staggerin' is right. That's the preferred walking method whilst at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wendy&lt;---forgets what sleep and sober is for 1 week in September! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PQQLK9
06-10-2004, 12:39 PM
I will be there so go ahead and put this "D" player on the list /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Since being able to edit my first post up there has expired, I'll include you in my next follow-up. In the meantime:

29.PQQLK9

wolfdancer
06-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Brady, will you be having lights this year?

Kato
06-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Chris you're a nut case /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How could I possibly make a list? I never know what I've brought until I get there /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~stuffs things in his suitcase at random

Kato
06-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Damn Yankees!!!!!!

That's right. You wouldn't bet me on the Marlins. Sucks for me, ask Lorri, I ALWAYS raise the stakes /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

cueball1950
06-10-2004, 10:06 PM
well please count me in. i always enjoy the company of all my friends, and it wil be my pleasure to meet new friends

Rich R.
06-11-2004, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I will be there so go ahead and put this "D" player on the list /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Welcome Nick. You will be playing along with all of us "E" players.

We may not play like champions, but we have way more fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Besides, upon arrival to VA, I'll probably go to Ruby Tuesday with my dear old "Dad" Tom. It's traditional! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Wendy,

Toms not old enough to be your dad. Oh, did you mean Suger Daddy? Is Tom buying you dinner or Kato? Kato' my Suger Daddy. HAHAHAHAHAHA The Columbian Coffee Guru and bestis friend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr>
Good morning:

Keep in mind that the Billiards Workbook exhibit booth will be available to all CCBrs who need to "check" there "stuff" for awhile. Also, as we did at the Super Billiards expo in Valley Forge, we will have a CCB sign in sheet and message board.

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Hi Dr. D.,

I was refering to the tourney at QMasters. Kato left his camera there as we were leaving. I found it and brought it along. He remembered and I didn't know whos it was. I just knew it was one of ours. It was dark and Kato was feeling no pain. LOL

I think it's great with what you did the last time for the group. I'll free you up for cocktails if you want to spend sometime with someone. That's no problem. I just need a price list and of course a copy of the workbooks contents for sales. I can sell but I like to be able to answer any and all questions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We all appreciate the booth,

C.C.

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi Brady,

My vote is for Yukon too. Wanted to go last time too. Ruby Tuesdays is nice too but I'd like to help one of ours, if you know what I mean. I'm 100% for the ccb and loyalty is #1. Can you post a menu?

Regards,

C.C.

SPetty
06-11-2004, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Can you post a menu?<hr /></blockquote>Hi Chris,

You can find the menu at the web site Brady posted:

Eric.
06-11-2004, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>You can find the menu at the web site Brady posted:

http://www.yukonsteakco.com <hr /></blockquote>

OK, I'm hungry! I wanna put in 1 vote for the Yukon! Hell, I might do it more than once. Nice pick, Brady.

Eric

Barbara
06-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Ditto!!!

Barbara~~~crab legs crab legs crab legs crab legs...

Kato
06-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Gosh Chris, I don't even remember that. I blame it all on Trammy, Wendy, and probably Rich.......I think they got me drunk /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~~was forced to drink the booze

Brian in VA
06-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Hi C. C.

I can vouch for the Yukon. I've eaten there several times and the food and beverages are top drawer. As I recall the service was very good as well.

I can't wait to see you all again this year. There are many friends I haven't yet made on this board and I'm looking forward to meeting them. As well as seeing my friends from last year's storm team! Kato, Wendy, Tom, Chris, Spike, Mike and anyone else I've left out.

See you all after Labor Day.
Brian in VA

cueball1950
06-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Now remember. i sent you a note about this dinner. Do you remember. This dinner is on me. No if's and's or butt's. I won't take no for an answer....................mike

cueball1950
06-11-2004, 06:20 PM
So what about the annual CCB shirt this year... Anybody got any ideas on it and who can do it. Last year Heide and Spetty took care of it. I know i will be to busy here to try to do it. Any suggestions..................mike

SPetty
06-11-2004, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>This dinner is on me. <hr /></blockquote>Wow! Did you hear that everybody? cueball1950's buying us all dinner at the Yukon! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
06-11-2004, 07:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> So what about the annual CCB shirt this year... Last year karatemom and SPetty took care of it. <hr /></blockquote>I'd be more than happy to be the official CCB Treasurer again - that seemed to work out real well, but I know nothing about ordering shirts.

Karatemom
06-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Well, seeing as how I'm not going and don't want to put any more pressure on Chris, I won't be doing the shirts this year. Besides, the company I did business with last year went out of business!! Just our luck /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sorry

Heide

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi Brian,

Sorry to say Heide and Spike won't be going this yr. Work and School. They've got many new responsibilities and I can't mess them up.

Regards,

C.C.~~looking forward to seeing Brian again too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks Susan,

Looks like I can live with that. Yummy Yum Yum.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
06-11-2004, 11:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Wendy,

Toms not old enough to be your dad. Oh, did you mean Suger Daddy? Is Tom buying you dinner or Kato? Kato' my Suger Daddy. HAHAHAHAHAHA The Columbian Coffee Guru and bestis friend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Nope, not Sugar Daddy but like my real "Dad"! And Kato is buying me dinner based on our Boston/New York bet during last year's baseball playoffs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-11-2004, 11:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Gosh Chris, I don't even remember that. I blame it all on Trammy, Wendy, and probably Rich.......I think they got me drunk /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~~was forced to drink the booze <hr /></blockquote>All I remember were the lights flickering on and off and the ass pinching in between. Teehee.

9 Ball Girl
06-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Well we had keychains 1 year and the shirts the next. Hmmmm, what should we conjure up?

cueball1950
06-12-2004, 12:30 AM
I had promised him (MR C.C. dinner if he came this year. i sure wish i could afford to buy for everybody.. that would be a treat..but what the hay.. seeing my old friends is good enough for me...ll

Chris Cass
06-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Kato~~~~was forced to drink the booze <hr /></blockquote>All I remember were the lights flickering on and off and the ass pinching in between. Teehee. <hr /></blockquote>

Oops, sorry Wendy, I thought you were Heide. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

LOL,

C.C.~~I was too busy to see if Frank moved the balls and Erik still shot in the blind and dark blind it was. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brian in VA
06-13-2004, 06:43 PM
I'd forgotten that Mike. I'll look forward to it. I'll buy the drinks!

Brian in VA

CarolNYC
06-14-2004, 03:48 AM
Wow-what a tournament!
Thats great,Wendy!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RedHell
06-14-2004, 08:59 AM
SPetty,

If you're willing to do the treasuring part, I wouldn't mind helping you out with the shirt design/ordering. I've got experience on that having designed one and managed the printing order for the Dart Carribean Cup Championship.

If you guys want something else than shirt, maybe I can help too !

Rich R.
06-16-2004, 09:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr>If you guys want something else than shirt, maybe I can help too ! <hr /></blockquote>
Would it be possible to get small pins, for a hat or shirt collar?
Maybe using the same CCB logo used for the key chains?

http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain02.gif

Or would we have to order too many to make it worth while? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-16-2004, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Would it be possible to get small pins, for a hat or shirt collar?
Maybe using the same CCB logo used for the key chains?

http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain02.gif

Or would we have to order too many to make it worth while? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>Something like what Dave (Mr. Ingrate) did for us last year with our CCB names?

Rich R.
06-16-2004, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Something like what Dave (Mr. Ingrate) did for us last year with our CCB names? <hr /></blockquote>
Wendy, I'm afraid, making them personalized with names, would make them very expensive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Keep in mind, I am talking about the small metal pins, like the pins sold in Mueller's, as well as baseball parks and the Olympics. I would call them "collector pins", for lack of a better term.

RedHell
06-16-2004, 01:49 PM
I guess pins could be done, they shouldn't be that expensive but we would get a load of them. I'll try to find out what kind of package the get done.

But the pins with individual names isn't feasable for sure, unless the pin has a clear metal plate and we can get them engrave...

RedHell
06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
I just looked it up and found a place that will do a free quote for pin. If Dave can send me the artwork he used for logo last time, I'll get a quote done. The minimum is 50 pins so it's not that bad...

Mr Ingrate
06-16-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm not the one who did the art work, but I sent you what I have by email. Sure hope you can accept attachments.

A sure sign of getting old is I can't remember who did the art work. I'd like to give him credit for all his great work.

Karatemom
06-16-2004, 07:21 PM
If I remember right, it was MikeM. He did a wonderful job with it, too!

Heide ~ definitely put me down for a pin

ryushen21
06-17-2004, 01:36 AM
things like this make me wish i weren't a full time student.

Rich R.
06-17-2004, 03:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> If I remember right, it was MikeM. He did a wonderful job with it, too!

Heide ~ definitely put me down for a pin <hr /></blockquote>
Although MikeM. had the contact and did a great job of having them made up, the original art work was by "heater451".

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=24210&amp;Foru m=All_Forums&amp;Words=heater451&amp;Match=Username&amp;Search page=22&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=24210&amp;Search=tr ue#Post24210

Although he hasn't posted for a while, hopefully, he is still lurking and will join in.

RedHell
06-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks Dave,

I got the files...

I will try to get the quote as fast as possible. I guess we should go for the 50 pack, any reason to get more ?

Rich R.
06-17-2004, 07:43 AM
You may want to get a price on 100 also.
Many people, like myself, would like more than one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Also, as with the key chains, may people who were not at the Open, but participate and/or lurk on the CCB will want them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have no idea how many key chains MikeM ordered, nor how many he has left, but I am sure he distributed more than 50. They went all over the country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

RedHell
06-17-2004, 07:54 AM
I will ask for both... Thanks for your opinion...

RedHell
06-17-2004, 08:14 AM
I requested the quote and I'm waiting for an answer. I also asked if we could get them done with safety pin like attachement. I feel that it is often easier to put them on your case with the safety pin style than the standard straight pin...

What do you guys think ?

9 Ball Girl
06-17-2004, 08:18 AM
That sounds good. I'm assuming it'll be the kind that for example you stick into your shirt and place the round holder thingy in on the other side of your shirt (the kind where you have to squeeze the sides to remove). Yes?

RedHell
06-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Actually that's the one I'm think of avoiding. The problem with the round squeezy thing (we need a more technical term than that !!!) is that you need access to the other side of the fabric to put it on and you can lose it. If you want to put it on your case it makes things tougher...

I was thinking more of the one that lock on like a diaper safety pin. With this style, you can kinda loop thru the fabric (or leather) and don't need access to the other side...

I could be wrong tho !!!! It wouldn't be the first time /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
06-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Since I will only be putting these pins on hats or shirts, I prefer the straight pin, with the "round squeezy thing" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif on the back.

I do not put pins on my case, but, to each his/her own.

RedHell
06-17-2004, 10:04 AM
I undestand and that's why I'm asking people...

I received the quote already, I'm just waiting to confirm if it was made in US dollar or Canadian. The company is out of Ontario, which I didn't know, and I'm in Quebec. They might have noticed that and quoted me in Canadian $.

More to come...

RedHell
06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Ok here's the quote, I got confirmation it is in CAN$...

<pre><font class="small">code:</font><hr>Qty Size Description Unit Price Amount

50 1" Die Struck ( Soft Enamel ) Lapel Pins 5.5947 $279.74
100 1" Same 3.1909 $319.09
250 1" Same 1.8959 $473.98

No extra die or setup charges! taxes extra
50% deposit required on all orders
</pre><hr>

Here the conversion in US using www.xe.com (http://www.xe.com) and today exchange rates:

<pre><font class="small">code:</font><hr>
For 50: 203.68$
For 100: 232.34$
For 250: 345.14$
</pre><hr>

Opinions ?!?!?!

heater451
08-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey, Rich--thanks for remembering/researching.

I wish I could get up to Virginia this year, but I'm still recovering from being out of work 2 years ago, and now earning a lot less--happy to be working tho. . . .Still playing TAP league once a week (was two, last session), and just haven't been doing anything online, besides too much Quake III.

I believe that I sent all of the art files (Adobe Illustrator .AI files--and maybe Photoshop .PSDs) to MikeM for the keychains. Their are probably still copies on my local drive, I'm just too lazy to check right now. . . .Anyway, I also gave a "verbal" release on the CCB once, IIRC, for MikeM to use the artwork as he wished--and anyone else who wants the files (let me know, and I will look for them). BTW, I forgot all about the t-shirts last year--can't believe that it's already been a year!

Anyway, "HI!" to everyone else, since I haven't been around, I will try to 'get by' more often.

Lastly, those "springy-back, pin things" are called "squeeze clutches":

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H141630FN

==========================

cueball1950
08-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Hi heater..welcome home..glad to see you back posting. been wondering where the heck ya been. Please stop by more often will ya. we miss your posts.pm me with your address and i will make sure you get 1 of our new pins. Thanks for the design. Anyway i am glad to see that alteast things are looking up a bit for you. anyway, hope to meet you 1 day at the next ccb tournament maybe......................mike

Terry
08-24-2004, 03:32 AM
Hi Wally,

It was against Ismael "Morro" Paez in the finals of the 2000 World Championhips which Fong-Pang Chao won, it was like yeah I only have a few more games to play and i'll meet you there. I thought it was very disrespectful of Ismael. Terry

CarolNYC
08-24-2004, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HI!" to everyone else, since I haven't been around <hr /></blockquote>
Hey Heater,
Glad to hear from you,hope you are doing well!
For those who do not know,Heater and I hooked up and played some in Georgia-he kicked my butt!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Stay well!
Carol ~remembers how hot it is in Georgia! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rich R.
08-24-2004, 04:14 AM
Hi Heater.

It's nice to know you are still alive and well.

Obviously, you have not caught up on all of the threads. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Let me help you out, with a little recent history. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Someone still had the files for your art work and RedHell contacted a pin company about getting the pins made. The company did a very nice job and we were able to hold the sale costs down to $2 each, plus S&amp;H.

Since RedHell is in Canada, I volunteered to handle distribution, because most of the CCB'ers are in the states. It helped us avoid higher shipping costs and some duties for crossing the boarder.

SPetty had a web site set up for mail orders and used her PayPal account. Since the sales have now dropped off, she recently took the site down.

I am also personally delivering a lot of pins to those who are attending the U.S. Open, next month.

That is where we stand now.

As the creator of the art work, I would be happy to send you a couple of pins. Just PM me with you shipping information. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
08-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Heater! Where ya been? Good to see ya hanging around again.

On a side note, I might be in Atlanta next month(work), I'll try to look you up.

Eric

Wally_in_Cincy
08-24-2004, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Heater! Where ya been? Good to see ya hanging around again.

On a side note, I might be in Atlanta next month(work), I'll try to look you up.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

you gonna look up FL too I bet /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric.
08-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Hahaha!

Actually, Wal, I would prefer doing more productive things than to waste time with that jackass.

Then again, after 2 years of him riding my azz, you never know /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eric

heater451
08-26-2004, 04:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
HI!" to everyone else, since I haven't been around <hr /></blockquote>
Hey Heater,
Glad to hear from you,hope you are doing well!
For those who do not know,Heater and I hooked up and played some in Georgia-he kicked my butt!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Stay well!
Carol ~remembers how hot it is in Georgia! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hey Carol!
Thanks, for the vote of confidence, but I remember being the loser that weekend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gotta make this quick, as league is tonight, but good to hear from you as well, and I hope everything up North is coo!

heater451
08-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Mike, but I've already sent a PM to Rich, since I read his post higher up the thread.

I still have some of the keychains in my car, for any CCB-er that shows up in Atlanta w/o one!

Also, I too would one day like to make it up to VA, but I don't think it'll be this year. (Heck, I've now missed two Fiestas (http://www.oldspanishdays-fiesta.org/ ) in a row. . . /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

=========================