PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Rico wins Panamerican 9 Ball Championship!

Harold Acosta
06-08-2004, 05:41 PM
One year after being recognized as a legitimate Federation under the CPB and the World Pool-Billiard Association, Alan Rolon (5-time Puerto Rico National Champion) won his first Men's Pan American 9 Ball Title, the most prestigious event of the Region.

The Panamerican Confederation of Billiards (CPB in Spanish) is comprised of 17 Caribbean and Latin American Countries with 48 players coming out to battle for the Title.

Alan Rolon beat Marco Valencia from Panama 11-1 in the finals for the coveted title.

In the semi-finals, Alan beat another Panamanian named Lino Castillo 9-1 for the hot-seat!

The two Panamanians knocked-out favorites Ernesto Dominguez and Morro Paez out of the tournament. The two Panamanians played flawlessly during the tournament according to Alan Rolon but our player was determined to win the Title that eluded him last year when he placed 3rd.

Our biggest challenge lays ahead for the World Pool Championships. We have to get sponsorships for the trip plus hotel expenses. The trip takes 24 hours from Puerto Rico to Taipei and we have about one month to plan.

Final results were as follows:

1 ALAN ROLON- PUERTO RICO- 2.004 PANAMERIAN CHAMPION
2 MARCO VALENCIA- PANAMA- RUNNER UP
3 LINO CASTILLO- PANAMA
4 RICHARD WOLFF- ARUBA
5 ERNESTO DOMINGUEZ- MEXICO
6 GIOVANNI OROZCO- COSTA RICA
7 JOHN LOPEZ- PERU
8 GUSTAVO ESPINOZA- ARGENTINA

If anyone has any suggestions as to obtaining sponsorships with Billiard/Pool organizations out there, please send a private message.

Needless to say, we are more than happy with these results!

Harold Acosta - President
Puerto Rican Federation of Billiards

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/animated-stars.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2004, 07:07 PM
What a great feeling you must be enjoying. Savor it for as long as you can.

Congrats again for your org.

Ernesto and 'Morro' just finished playing in the Hard Times Billiard's Jamboree last week. And now they have lost to your group.

Ernesto is one fine fellow, and so is his son Oscar.

PQQLK9
06-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Tap...Tap...Tap

dr_billiards
06-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Great job to all those involved. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leviathan
06-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Great result, Howard. Congratulations to Alan Rolon and to your federation.

AS

Chris Cass
06-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks Harold,

Sounds like good things are happening everywhere. Good luck with your org too. BTW, a bit off subject. Can you tell me if Tony Robles is going to play the Open? I don't know if he's allowed or what Charlies rules are. I'm afraid I don't keep up on things like that.

Take care,

C.C.