PDA

View Full Version : Viatorre Cues

PoOn
06-08-2004, 06:19 PM
has anybody ever heard of or tried out a Viatorre Cue before? if so how do they feel?

Jay
06-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Viatorre cues are some of the nicest custom cues to come out of the Philippines. I havent tried one but I have heard nothing but great things about them. I spoke to J Tan at Viatorre and he is a very nice guy and was willing to answer any questions I had. Their prices are very low also considering the quality work that you get! You can go wrong with a Viatorre custom.

miko
06-15-2004, 06:55 AM
I just got my Viattorre last week and have played with it in 3 sessions already. Hits pretty solid and the shafts play great. Similar to my pred shaft. I was using a Dayton before my Viattorre came and now I've switched to Viattorre as my main playing cue. Can't go wrong with them specially considering the price u can get for that kind of work.

My Viattorre (http://www.viattorre.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album19&op=modload&name= Cues_Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)

Chris Cass
06-15-2004, 07:00 AM
Beautiful wood and I love that Hoppe ring. That cue looks good buddy.

Regards,

C.C.

tateuts
06-15-2004, 09:54 AM
The newer cues are excellent because they updated their equipment, materials, and techniques. They are similar to American customs. The older ones (like 4 to 5 years ago and older) were more typical Filipino cues - a lot of hand work and kind of rough.

Chris

cycopath
06-15-2004, 09:58 AM
I love the look of the Hoppe ring also.

It's amazing how something so small could make such a difference in the overall appearance of a cue. It sure makes them look classy.

Beautiful cue.

dr_billiards
06-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Nice Cue!

miko
06-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks Chris. It hits pretty good too.

miko
06-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Right on the money Chris. I have seen a first generation Viattorre and it was really like the typical filipino cues. Looking at the current cues they are making, you wouldn't believe that it came from the same makers.

woody_968
06-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Now thats a nice looking cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tateuts
06-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Yes, that cue is a beauty. Mind if I ask how much they go for now?

Chris

PoOn
06-16-2004, 12:06 PM
how much do they run for?

miko
06-16-2004, 08:03 PM
I heard that their plain janes starts from around 300-400 usd

Chris Cass
06-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi Miko,

After looking at the site again. I have to admit. The repair prices are extremely reasonable. Cheap matter of fact. The only thing that isn't are the tips. The ferrules and joints, ect. are awesome priced. The cues look great too. I'm not a favorite of the smaller butt below the wrap or rather the long wrap but the points look great. The finishes and the rest of the repair work looks like it's done with attention to detail. That's what I like the most of any great cuemaker. The treating of cues as if they were their children. Thanks Miko. Hey, you going to the Open?

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
06-16-2004, 11:29 PM
I like the finish and the older style veneers. The shaft pics have to much grain for my tastes but the cue looks great.

Rod

miko
06-17-2004, 05:57 AM
You are right. I sent him 2 mooris to put on my shafts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think the cue with a long wrap in the gallery was specially requested by the owner of the cue. I can't believe their finish looks that great. I'll be sending my Dayton and sledgehammer for refinishing next month. Sorry, I'm too far to be going to the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Wow Miko,

I just saw, Asia. What the heck you doing way out there? You need to move to corn country and we could play some One Pocket and talk about cues for a couple yrs. LOL Well, that is till I buy my, pool hall/ wedding chapel in Vegas with my partner RIP. You've gotta meet him. He's a riot and all around good guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Take care brother and why would you refinish your break cue? Never mind, I'm like you too. I won't let any cue I have fall below 98%. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome to the board.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

miko
06-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey Chris, I guess I like to keep my pool stuffs in pristine condition. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I just can't help but compare the finish of my cues to each other. Besides, it won't cost an arm and a leg.

basco
04-29-2005, 01:33 AM
that's not that cheap. You can get nice plain custom playing cues in America for 600.- and that's with 2 shafts. Look at Sherm and Griffin. And with them you can be shure of the wood and that it will stay straight.

bobroberts
04-30-2005, 09:44 AM
The waiting list for a Via is now about a year.Jackson is making great looking as well as hitting cues.Theres no need to worry about the wood being used.They have a solid reputation and I am sure they want to keep it that way.

rednose43
08-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I've contacted them by email. They have some nice cues. Their cues are made by hand. For $500.00 u can get a cue that has 2 shafts and leather wrap. I don't know of any custom cue maker that makes cues by hand that u can even come close to that. Personally I would rather buy a nice Sneaky Pete for around $150.00 or less and take it to a cue maker and have them put a good tip on it and reshape the shaft. The money that u save u can take lessons with to improve your game.A cue that cost$1,000.00 dollars is not going to improve your game or stroke. But learning from a qualified instructor will do wonders for your game. I mean do u want to be known as man he has a really nice stick and he shoots like crap,or man he shoots really good?