PDA

View Full Version : 9 Ball rules

stickman
06-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Who uses BCA 9 ball rules and who uses Texas Express 9 ball rules? Which one is most generally used? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2004, 10:57 PM
I use both. Mainly because I have printed copies handy to use as reference.

When you run tournaments, you should always have a copy of the rules you are going to use.

It eliminates a lot of heated discussions.

dr_billiards
06-09-2004, 01:58 AM
Around here we play Texas Express rules, the only thing we don't use is the 3 foul rule.
Doc B /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Lives around cows and corn.........

1Time
06-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Texas Express 9 ball rules.

Bob_Jewett
06-11-2004, 07:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Who uses BCA 9 ball rules and who uses Texas Express 9 ball rules? Which one is most generally used?<hr /></blockquote>

I think that most people aren't aware of the differences between the two sets of rules. I've heard one referred to when clearly the other was meant.

Ron Shepard made up a list of the differences (as of a few years ago) which should be easily found through google usenet groups. I think he also had the differences for VNEA rules.

stick8
06-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Hello Stickman: I run two tournament a week, using texas express rules. have no proplems. runnig 8 ball tommorow using B.C.A. rules. so i use both. P&gt; S&gt; how in the hell did you get hung with a nick name like stick???? STICK me to!!!!!

Chris Cass
06-12-2004, 05:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stick8:</font><hr> Hello Stickman: I run two tournament a week, using texas express rules. have no proplems. runnig 8 ball tommorow using B.C.A. rules. so i use both. P&gt; S&gt; how in the hell did you get hung with a nick name like stick???? STICK me to!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Everytime he plays you, he Sticks you where, you don't want to be. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
06-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I think most of the tournaments in this area uses Texas Express rules. There was a debate about which set of rules should be used. Locally, most of the players are most familiar with Texas Express rules. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stickman
06-14-2004, 12:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stick8:</font><hr> P&gt; S&gt; how in the hell did you get hung with a nick name like stick???? STICK me to!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

I do cue repairs, hence the nickname stickman. I plan to make cues someday when I acquire the equipment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim