PDA

View Full Version : Ray Charles Dead

PQQLK9
06-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Today according to his spokesman...

nAz
06-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Ya i just saw it on the News. he was a true American! wish I could have cought him in concert. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/apmusic_story.asp?category=1403&slug=Obit%20Charle s

dg-in-centralpa
06-10-2004, 06:03 PM
He was great! I don't know if he ever got the recognition he deserved.

DG

Leviathan
06-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I saw him in concert, in the late 60's if I remember correctly. Being at his show was like hearing your favorite uncle play and sing on a summer evening. He had great warmth--he made the people in thirtieth row feel that he knew them and liked them.

My goodness, I remember falling in love with the Raylettes, too...

AS

highsea
06-10-2004, 06:43 PM
It's a sad day. Ray Charles was a legend in every sense of the word. Who can forget him in "Blues Brothers". /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have a greatest hits CD with a version of America the Beautiful that is just awesome. He really did love this country.

-CM

Barbara
06-10-2004, 06:44 PM
On the Natiional news tonight they showed a clip of Ray with then President Reagan talking and laughing while playing Ray's rendition of "America The Beautiful" in the background.

Peter Jennings blinked a bit. But he was on camera.

Barbara~~~cried... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PQQLK9
06-10-2004, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> On the Natiional news tonight they showed a clip of Ray with then President Reagan talking and laughing while playing Ray's rendition of "America The Beautiful" in the background.

Peter Jennings blinked a bit. But he was on camera.

Barbara~~~cried... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Was that touching or what? . Ron and Ray...what a show...I cried also.

Barbara
06-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Yo Dawg,

It's going to get crueler - Ray Charles was the adman for the NJ lottery and had lots of spots/ads. They'll probably pull them now and it'll be stuck forever in my mind the jingle he sings.

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
06-11-2004, 11:52 PM
I'll always remember the Pepsi (I think) commercial jingle he did, "You've Got The Right One Baby, Uh Huh!"

Chris Cass
06-12-2004, 05:10 AM
This is sad news. He had a wonderful sence of humor and an ability to make you feel he knew you. Good man and my best to his family. I know he'll be missed by all of America.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif,

C.C.