PDA

View Full Version : Ebay customers

Predator314
06-10-2004, 02:38 PM
These people get on my last nerve!

I sell billiards supplies on eBay. Most of the people are good, but then there's always those few that just ruin everything. THEY leave negative feedback because THEY didn't pay me. I've got one guy now that just won an auction for a case and then upon further inspection doesn't want the case because it's not the color we intended to buy. He will probably leave negative feedback when I file a non-paying bidder report to regain my final value fee.

You have no idea how many people lose their jobs as soon as they win an auction and can't afford the item. A lot of deaths in the family too. This is reason for late payment.

I almost feel bad for people that do this as their main source of income. I would either go on a shooting spree or just become an alcoholic.

highsea
06-10-2004, 02:55 PM
How about sellers who cancel auctions right before the end because the price isn't high enough.

I won't name names, but there is one guy who lists high end cues on no reserve auctions, then cancels the auction because the item is "no longer for sale" if the price is not what he wants.

I won't bid on his auctions, because I don't know if they will finish. If I was high bidder on one of his auctions, I can't bid on another auction for fear I would win them both, and not be able to pay.

The seller is just doing this to avoid the reserve fees or a higher listing fee. If he would put a reserve on the auction, it would leave me free to bid on a different auction if I haven't met his reserve.

-CM

Popcorn
06-10-2004, 04:59 PM
I just went and read a few of your ads and you sort of set yourself up for problems.
You have a case you say retails for $199.00 yet you only want $89.00 buy it now. The same case can be found on other web sites for around $105.00. I saw the exact same picture you use on other web sites by the way. You are not being honest about the price of the case

You have Q-Slick and say
" Q Slick is the best sealer and slicker ever developed for pool and billiard cues."

About Silver Chalk you say
"Silver Cup Chalk is, in our opinion, the best chalk on the market today. Although not as popular as Master, it is only a matter of time before people realize they can get a better chalk for less money!"

When you make untrue or a little exaggerated claims you have to be ready for someone to not be happy. Better to be honest about what you are selling. . Ebay is far more hazardous for the buyer then for the seller. If people feel you have BS'ed them they don't feel any sense of obligation.
"I almost feel bad for people that do this as their main source of income. I would either go on a shooting spree or just become an alcoholic."

Don't feel sorry for other ebay sellers, my nephew sells high end cars on ebay http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&user id=usedcarlease&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1 )
and is making a fortune. Cheak out this sale
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2480694365&category=62 12
Ebay is the most amazing thing to come along ever for the average person to make some money. If you are honest and a little creative it is a great thing.

cueball1950
06-10-2004, 08:55 PM
well from the other end (buyer). i "won' a couple of items. paid thru paypal within an hour of winning. and keep getting emails requesting payment. i have received email notices from paypal stating my payment has been made. yet they keep asking for a payment...mike

Predator314
06-11-2004, 06:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I just went and read a few of your ads and you sort of set yourself up for problems.
You have a case you say retails for $199.00 yet you only want $89.00 buy it now. The same case can be found on other web sites for around $105.00. I saw the exact same picture you use on other web sites by the way. You are not being honest about the price of the case

<font color="red">I am changing the description of those cases. The picture I'm using is from my Vendor's web site and is freely available to use in my ads. </font color>

You have Q-Slick and say
" Q Slick is the best sealer and slicker ever developed for pool and billiard cues."

<font color="red">This is my vendor's "sales" description. Freely available to use in my ads </font color>

About Silver Chalk you say
"Silver Cup Chalk is, in our opinion, the best chalk on the market today. Although not as popular as Master, it is only a matter of time before people realize they can get a better chalk for less money!"

<font color="red">This is my honest opinion and also the "sales" description from my vendor freely available to use in my ads. I use Silver Cup chalk exclusively. </font color>

When you make untrue or a little exaggerated claims you have to be ready for someone to not be happy. Better to be honest about what you are selling. . Ebay is far more hazardous for the buyer then for the seller. If people feel you have BS'ed them they don't feel any sense of obligation.
"I almost feel bad for people that do this as their main source of income. I would either go on a shooting spree or just become an alcoholic."

Don't feel sorry for other ebay sellers, my nephew sells high end cars on ebay http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&amp;include=0&amp;user id=usedcarlease&amp;sort=3&amp;rows=25&amp;since=-1&amp;rd=1 )
and is making a fortune. Cheak out this sale
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2480694365&amp;category=62 12

<font color="red">Nice sell. Did he get paid for this car? I've always wondered about people who sell cars on eBay. They hardly ever meet the reserve price. </font color>

Ebay is the most amazing thing to come along ever for the average person to make some money. If you are honest and a little creative it is a great thing. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red"> Thanks for the constructive criticism. </font color>

Predator314
06-11-2004, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> well from the other end (buyer). i "won' a couple of items. paid thru paypal within an hour of winning. and keep getting emails requesting payment. i have received email notices from paypal stating my payment has been made. yet they keep asking for a payment...mike <hr /></blockquote>

Paypal can send automated invoices to the buyer and a lot of times they are sent after the buyer has already paid. If the seller keeps asking for the payment after that, then something isn't right there.

I'll shut up now and grab a beer. Want one?

SPetty
06-11-2004, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> well from the other end (buyer). i "won' a couple of items. paid thru paypal within an hour of winning. and keep getting emails requesting payment. i have received email notices from paypal stating my payment has been made. yet they keep asking for a payment...mike <hr /></blockquote>Howdy Mike,

This happened to me one time. The seller had used the wrong email address in their "click here to pay' thingee, so the payment was made to the wrong email address. It showed as "not collected" or "not completed" or something like that. If that's the case, you can cancel that payment and try again.

Go to your PayPal account and make sure that the funds that you paid have been collected. If it hasn't been collected, it was likely sent to the wrong email address, probably not even your fault. If it has been completed, click for more details and send that info to the seller, including transaction numbers and stuff.

You may even write to PayPal and ask for their assistance. They answered me one time when I had a similar problem.

Popcorn
06-11-2004, 11:43 AM
You can just call paypal, they answer pretty quick and will do, From my experiance anyway, what ever they can to help you.

SPetty
06-11-2004, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> You can just call...<hr /></blockquote>Man, you are quite the radical, aren't you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Popcorn
06-11-2004, 11:57 AM
I don't know what you mean?