PDA

View Full Version : Which arm do you stroke with..... left or right?

dr_billiards
06-11-2004, 05:34 AM
Bored on a friday morning..... so ......Which arm do you stroke with? Are there or were there any professional players who were left handed?
Just curious how many other left handers are out there.
Doc B /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kenz54
06-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Do you know how hard it is to find a left handed stick! LOL

Troy
06-11-2004, 07:04 AM
Cut from a left-handed tree using left-handed woodworking tools... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kenz54:</font><hr> Do you know how hard it is to find a left handed stick! LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Hi ya Doc,

My son is left handed and shoots left handed and does many things right handed. I myself am right handed. I try using my left on shots but that's something I should have learned a longtime ago, but didn't. I knew better and taught my son to use both but he's still working on it.

Some pros use both. Buddy shoots lights out with his left hand too. Shots I wouldn't have the faith to do left handed, he does. This eliminates the bridge on many l/h shots.

Funny, my weak side are cuts from left to right. I'm constantly working on my weak side. Can't speak for eveyone but I've been working my right hand since I was about 8. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~LMAO

PQQLK9
06-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Hey Chris...I shoot with both arms because I'm amphibious

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Hi Nick,

Do you play One pocket?

C.C.

PQQLK9
06-11-2004, 10:51 AM
sure do...that's my favorite. Did you get my Shaquille O'neal joke..
amphibious = ambidexterous /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 11:04 AM
HAHAHAHAH I do now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Man, some stuff goes right over my head. LOL

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
06-11-2004, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_billiards:</font><hr> Are there or were there any professional players who were left handed?
Doc B /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Doc B...There are LOTS of pros who are southpaws. Mike Sigel and Steve Mizerak come to mind immediately. Undoubtably, we could name a couple dozen more without much trouble.

Scott Lee

SecaucusFats
06-11-2004, 12:56 PM
I stroke with my right arm most of the time but have taught myself to use my left arm for those awkward shots that pop up from time to time. Like any other skill it requires practice. The best practice is to throw out 7, 8, or 9 balls and practice running out using only your left hand / arm to stroke. It's awkward at first, but after a while you get the hang of it.

SF

Troy
06-11-2004, 02:29 PM
I don't think you can claim that's yours or O'Neal's.
I've been using it and others for years.....
I'm always getting words misconscrewed..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> sure do...that's my favorite. Did you get my Shaquille O'neal joke..
amphibious = ambidexterous /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Chris Cass
06-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey Troy,

I always tell people my eyes are so bad that one day I'll have to get that liposucsion done. They always look at me funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
06-12-2004, 12:48 AM
I'm right handed but I practice a little left handed sometimes. It's good to have the option and I don't like shooting shots firm with a bridge. It puts dings in my shaft.

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
06-14-2004, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I'm right handed but I practice a little left handed sometimes. It's good to have the option and I don't like shooting shots firm with a bridge. It puts dings in my shaft.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

you need a keller's bridge

Sarah Ellerby is a leftie

I watched Jeanette Lee switch hands a couple of times with no obvious ill effects

Chris Cass
06-14-2004, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I'm right handed but I practice a little left handed sometimes. It's good to have the option and I don't like shooting shots firm with a bridge. It puts dings in my shaft.
Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Do you have callasses? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~HAHAHAHAHA

Rod
06-14-2004, 09:59 AM
It's rare I need a bridge or even need to shoot firm with one. I'm not going to start carrying a bridge anytime soon. Funny, but I don't remember playing or seeing anyone out here use one.

Rod
06-14-2004, 10:06 AM
You know I do get similar on my left hand from being on the table making a bridge. My skin gets dry and flakes off. When I played a fair amount of golf and pool it was some what of a problem.

~~ rod, flakey

SteveEllis
06-14-2004, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Hey Chris...I shoot with both arms because I'm amphibious <hr /></blockquote>

Sounds like somebody has been listening to Danny DiLiberto (sp?) doing commentary on accu-stats tapes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jhendri2
06-16-2004, 06:30 AM
I am naturally right-handed, but play pool left handed, because the guy who taught me how to play was left handed. when folks want to try out my cue, I always tell them they'll never make a ball with my left handed stick.

Jim

Chris Cass
06-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Ah Yes,

Danny D., I sure like his commentary. He says everything I think of too. My wife hates the sound of his voice but after listening to him in the booth at DCC on tape. Man, I thought, This guy knows his $hit. I could listen to him all day. One day I'll hang out with him and shoot the breeze. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

PQQLK9
06-16-2004, 07:50 AM
My fantasy is to hang out with Chris Cass, Danny D and Efren.

Chris Cass
06-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Me? Heck Nick,

You can hang with me and we'll get some one pocket in after Tom gets a piece of me at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~wants to hang with Danny and Efren too but just as happy with Nick. Oh, almost done with Joe Tucker. Wish he'd help me on crooked racks. The kind you can't tell your opponent to straighten because it's way too much trouble. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Rod,

I was only joking but I sometimes have that problem because I don't like applying any hand lotion. I don't like that guey feeling. I know I have to when I do see my skin chafing so, I'll lotion up before bed and wash it off in the am. Works for me. I like oil baths too. It makes me feel pretty. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~sorry for being a smarta$$. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif