PDA

View Full Version : Where is this "MY HOME" tab located?

02-19-2002, 05:14 PM
How do I make changes on this "MY HOME" tab? I don't see it anywhere on the page or on the Window's header.

Ken
02-19-2002, 05:20 PM
It comes up right next to "who's online" but you won't get until you register. I don't think you can have a home without registering. It's more like a hotel than a real home.

02-19-2002, 10:10 PM
I'm registered and can't find "MY HOME".

02-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Since you have registered you first need to log in. You will see log in in the same option list you found "new user"
The nyou will see my home.

cheesemouse
02-19-2002, 10:28 PM
shooter, I show you as unregistered. You may think your registered but it appears your not. Maybe you could try it again. There is one little check box I missed the first time I registered and I had to go back and do it again. It's worth the effort.

02-19-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey cheese it's not shooter asking the question it's someone else. Notice the difference in IP addresses.

cheesemouse
02-19-2002, 10:46 PM
TheShot,
Does that mean their goofing with us????

02-19-2002, 10:58 PM
No, Each user/computer has an IP address, kind of like a home mailing address. No matter what name is seen, the location # always stay the same. For example If I left a message, without logging in. Stating "Hey cheese you constantly post useless info, why don't you go away" and I used the name, Richard Head you could search previous posts looking for a match on ip addresses and you could find out that I actually sent the message flaming you but was too much of a coward to use my true identity. see the significance? that is one reason why the IP's are always listed, whether the poster is a member or not.
BTW don't get upset I was just making an example of course.

cheesemouse
02-19-2002, 11:11 PM
TheShot,
I guess I have a lot to learn. Does that mean that you know shooters IP and this guy couldn't be him?? I maybe missing something here. It has been a long day. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

02-19-2002, 11:17 PM
OK, underneath your wonderful hunk of wisconsin cheese you will see your status (newbie) then the date & time, and the a list of numbers with decimals in it. That is the IP address.
Notice how the numbers from this post match the numbers from "TheShot's" posts?

Scott E

02-19-2002, 11:24 PM
Hey cheese why are still viewing in "threaded" mode? switch to flat mode it is alot easier to keep up /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

cheesemouse
02-19-2002, 11:24 PM
Dick,
I see the light, I see the light thank the pool gods I see the light /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

cheesemouse
02-19-2002, 11:31 PM
TheShot,
/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif Your right it is faster and easier. This new rig is just full of neat toys. I wish my pool cue had more options /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif