PDA

View Full Version : Schon goes "toink"

05-04-2002, 09:30 PM
The sound of the Schon tip has to go. Toink toink toink, it sounds like I have no tip and it echoes thru the room. I like the Schon tip so if I add a pad will the noise go away? Toink toink toink. AAAAEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY I can't stand it any longer toink toink toink. Why is it so noisey? toink toink toink

05-04-2002, 09:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>Why is it so noisey? toink toink toink <hr></blockquote>

i suspect this'll seem strange but check the butt-plug. yes, the rubber bumper at the base of the cue. friend had a cue making that noise and his had fallen out and was lost. the cork from a fairly nice merlot worked fine. stopped the noise completely.

dan

05-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Dan my butt plug is tight. It felt odd writing that sentence. Since you brought it up, I was thinking about buying a glow in the dark butt plug for the summer and a fur lined butt plug for the winter. OOPS, wrong forum. Sorry. Seriously, thanks for the suggestion. Toink, toink, toink. Am I spelling that correctly?

BLACKHEART
05-05-2002, 10:13 AM
The tip alone won't make that noise. Check to see if the tip is loose on the edges. Then try to twist the ferrule to see if it is loose. My bet is that it's one of these that is causing your problem...JER

Chris Cass
05-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Yo A,

If it's the stock Schon tip, it comes with a pad. Their water buffolo with a pad attatched. Please excuse my spelling. I don't have spell check and I'm a little fuzzy in the brain this morning. Well, it is 12:30pm. ok, afternoon.hahaha

Registar will ya?

C.C.

Sid_Vicious
05-05-2002, 11:27 AM
What you want to change(IMO) is sort of like someone wanting to take that "thump" out of a Harley Davidson, the Schons I've hit with and heard reporting the toink is a pleasure to me. I don't happen to own a Schon but if I were to get serious about that line I would definetely get that familiar toink in mine, else I'd look further for a Schon that did toink....sid~~~"understands" that different cues are just that, different and different isn't wrong

Harold Acosta
05-05-2002, 08:12 PM
If you have replaced the original tip that came with the pad, you will get the "toink" noise. Also check the cue as the other CCB's have recommended.

I have a fibre pad with a Soft Talisman tip on my Schon. It has eliminated the "toink" noise completely.

Just my 2 cents...

Harold

Tom_In_Cincy
05-05-2002, 08:35 PM
I just went to the Schön web site.. what great looking cues..
I need to let my wife save up for the one I like.. maybe she'll give it to me for our 25th.. ya think?

Harold Acosta
05-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Tom, today's Schons are not nearly as beautiful as those in the past. There are few of them that are great looking but their prices have skyrocketed. I keep going back to see them, but I would rather purchase a used one at Ebay.

Just my opinion...

Harold

stickman
05-05-2002, 09:30 PM
The Schons have been the best looking production cue around for a long time IMHO. I've never played with one, too expensive for me.

05-05-2002, 09:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>.. maybe she'll give it to me for our 25th.. ya think? <hr></blockquote>

25th?? i'd say the odds are good. that's about the time they start giving gifts that say "get outta my house. yer jus makin messes!"

dan

05-05-2002, 09:51 PM
harold...i just noticed how much the puerto rican flag that you display by your name greatly resembles the flag of the great state of texas(moment of reverential silence please).

the same colors and the same big lone star. i know you must be very proud.

dan...we were once a country. then we annexed the united states.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Tom, today's Schons are not nearly as beautiful as those in the past. There are few of them that are great looking but their prices have skyrocketed. I keep going back to see them, but I would rather purchase a used one at Ebay.

Just my opinion...

Harold <hr></blockquote>

Harold Acosta
05-05-2002, 10:17 PM
Yes, I'm proud of our flag and my Puerto Rican heritage (as well as my French - mother's side). Nonetheless, some of us have what is considered "identity crisis." For the Puerto Rican people, I am not Puerto Rican because I was not born in the Island; therefore, patriotism and true blood heritage is greatly questioned like if it makes me any lessor a Puerto Rican for being born outside the Island. I am what they consider a "Newyorican" because I was born in New York. For other people in America, I'm Puerto Rican because of my heritage. I consider myself both, American and Puerto Rican. My first language is English, my second Spanish.

Puerto Rico is known as the "Shinning Star of the Caribbean," we are US citizens by birth, and our currency is in US dollars. Puerto Rico is like visiting any other state (almost all American companies are here) except that all traffic signs are in Spanish, and a road map won't get you anywhere if you really don't know your way around. Tourism is very big here but your best bet is to get a Tour and not venture on your own. We are not as organized as the Americans concerning road mappings, identification, etc.

Sorry for the ramble.....

05-05-2002, 10:25 PM
harold,

thanks for the ramble. i really enjoy getting to know more about the places we all live. stretch used to give us travelogues from the frozen and rocky north. that's one of the really kewl things about this net thing.

dan

rackmup
05-06-2002, 05:38 AM
My Schon 647LTD doesn't go "toink, toink, toink."

It goes "smack, smack, smack" as it drills balls into the back of the pockets.

Regards,

Ken (likes his new Schon)

Kato
05-06-2002, 02:35 PM
Gosh Tom, I just went to Hawley's and drooled over the Schon's. Do you think your wife will buy me a Schon for your 25th anniversary? I'm asking all my friends here at work and I'm finding out people don't like me too much. Tell your wife I'll do the dishes for a week and vaccuum to. After she kicks me out she'll never have to see me again.

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
05-06-2002, 03:46 PM
HDJ

if you are interested.. here is a site that has a waving flag... http://skcomeau.crosswinds.net/clipart/main/texas_md_wht.gif

and here is the flag.. of TEXAS

http://skcomeau.crosswinds.net/clipart/main/texas_md_wht.gif

Cuemage
05-06-2002, 05:37 PM
Proud owner of a STL-3...very nice

Tha Cuemage

05-06-2002, 05:56 PM
Yo Kato,

So what's the balance point of Pred SP?

rackmup
05-06-2002, 08:04 PM
Don't drool over the Schon LTD647 at Hawley's. It's sold. It's mine. HeHe.

Ken (bragging Bastard)

Rod
05-06-2002, 10:48 PM
As Jer said check the tip and ferrule. I play with an older R7 with inlay options. One time it made a similar sound when it had a short weight screw, I was experimenting. I still would like to have an aluminum screw that fills the void of the threaded depth. The aluminum screw however would have to be drilled and tapped to accept a steel screw to add weight or it would be to light.