PDA

View Full Version : the team named by the CCB

sack316
06-12-2004, 01:46 AM
Well all, its 3 in the morning here and I am unable to sleep because the big city tournament is this morning, and in the next 48 hours I'll find out if I'm going to vegas or doing another "maybe next year". I am fortunate enough to have 3 of the 19 teams in it this time, so my odds are good. But how it applies to you is that one of my teams there is the team named a few months ago in this very forum. The first and only team of the Dirty Girls franchise to make it to city... the Dirty Girls Gone Wild (as named by Ken AKA Rackmup via team vote). Wish luck to all my teams, the top two go this year, hopefully it will be 2 of my three teams. I'll fill y'all in on it tomorrow night when I get home (which will hopefully be very late if I am lucky). Take care and send all of your shooting skills to me for the weekend please!

sack316
06-12-2004, 01:55 AM
oh yeah, and one more question to ya, my 3 teams are all end of the spectrum. One team is all about getting drunk, having fun, and shooting pool. We win via the handicap system and being drunk. The dirty girls team can actually shoot pretty evenly, but not strong strong, but also do have a good bit of fun and "party" in moderation. My third team is build to win, we play pool and win... but thats about it. Good people, but not alot of fun or personality on the team. Just built to go to vegas pretty much. I'm torn between the big IF one team wins, which would I rather go with? I would love to have an all out blast if I wind up in Vegas, but it would be fun to go and make a good showing too if ya know what I mean. Any thoughts from my friends here if given the same situation as me?

Rich R.
06-12-2004, 04:31 AM
I wouldn't even worry about it, until one or more of the teams wins the trip to Vegas.
Just play your best, with all teams, and hope one of them gets to go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cycopath
06-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Good luck, Sack.

Just keep a positive attitude and deep breath that nervousness out of your body (works for me... sometimes).

ras314
06-12-2004, 09:49 AM
"the big city tournament is this morning"

Montgomery? First pool hall I saw was in Prattville, went to fourth grade there. Town was much smaller in them days. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If I read this aright you are the captain of three women's teams. Sounds like you are a glutton for work! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sack316
06-13-2004, 01:38 AM
down in ablaze of glory. i got stuck playing 1's and 2's all day long, won most of my matches, but 2 of my teams fizzled out. the dirty girls made it to the last match of the night, but failed to come wake me up for my match and had wrong matchups down the board for that one and we lost.Oh well, we all tried hard and I get a well deserved day off tomorrow, at least until league tomorrow night. thanks for the support, and as always "maybe next year!"