PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Question, Why Do Shirts,,,

Sid_Vicious
06-12-2004, 10:18 AM
...invert themselves during the wash/dry episode? Your first thought, "Sid's cheeze done slid off his cracker!" but seriously, I make it an effort not to peel pullover shirts off(inverting them) when I end the day, and yet it is an unusual amount of time that I find that I have to reverse them when it comes to hanger time. What gives???sid

Barbara
06-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Sdi,

You find an answer to that and the other burning question - "I know I put a pair of socks in, why is one missing?" and we're talking the Noble Prize for Washing Mysteries!

Barbara

Sid_Vicious
06-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Al Bundy figured out that y'all women were plotting against us guys with that one Barb. I bet you never lost a leg to a pair of panty hose. Admit it, I'm right, it's a devious routine all of you have gotten together on! ;-) sid

WaltVA
06-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Sid - Early in my "second bachelorhood" I asked the same question and was told by a female friend that shirts are actually sewn together inside out, then everted and the seams pressed to give them a finished look. During the tumbling process, they may seek out their original "inside out" state to relieve small stresses caused by sewing irregularities at the seams. That was her explanation, anyway.

I've foud this happens mainly with newer clothes; as they get older,they have less tendency to evert. Most of my shirts are old enough now to take washing/drying without rebellion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Walt in VA

Barbara
06-12-2004, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Al Bundy figured out that y'all women were plotting against us guys with that one Barb. I bet you never lost a leg to a pair of panty hose. Admit it, I'm right, it's a devious routine all of you have gotten together on! ;-) sid <hr /></blockquote>

Pantyhose?? Pantyhose??? Sid, you don't wash pantyhose in the washer, Girlfriend. You wash them by hand and then leave them strung up over the bathroon curtain rod holder to just annoy the sh@t out of your SO.

What I'm referring to is the one half of a pair of my $12 Wigwam Super Sockies that got separated somewhere, somehow.

And I STILL can't find it!!

Barbara~~~loves Super Sockies in the winter time...

Troy
06-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Silly girl... Your missing sock is hiding down one leg of your DAMN panty hose..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
What I'm referring to is the one half of a pair of my $12 Wigwam Super Sockies that got separated somewhere, somehow.

And I STILL can't find it!!

Barbara~~~loves Super Sockies in the winter time... <hr /></blockquote>

Chris Cass
06-12-2004, 11:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Troy, I do believe you've gotten funnier in the past yr or so. LOLLOLLOL

Regards,

C.C.~~Mr. Mom