PDA

View Full Version : liberals and media

Righty
06-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Why is it that liberals think the media is cosnervative? I have not seen ANYTHING to hint that. All I see is left-wing things, like the contant crictism of the war in Iraq. The media itself doesnt even help support our troops. can any liberals here tell me please why they think the media is conservative? There is no proof.

moblsv
06-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Same reason Conservatives think the media is Liberal. The middle looks left from the right and right from the left.

I watched quite a bit of Fox news on and off yesterday between Baseball games ( my team won /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) and saw nothing but good news about the war. Maybe it was just a good news day /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JPB
06-14-2004, 07:17 PM
I think it is because the media tends to be generally in accord with the "establishment" or "elites." While there seems to be a left wing tilt to things, I think real lefties see the media as a corporate lap dog. How radical is a network show really going to be when they have to sell advertising to McDonalds and IBM and are owned by GE or a publically held corporation? I think the internet is great because establishment media will have to compete. It doesn't take much money anymore; you don't have to be ABC, NBC or the Hearsts to have a media outlet. (FWIW, I think the lefties who think there is a huge conservative bias will be disappointed.)