PDA

View Full Version : Losing your best friend

Ralph S.
06-14-2004, 11:30 PM
As many of the regulars and some of the newer poster know, my father had been terminally ill for some time. For this reason, I havent posted much as he required alot of my attention. I lost my best friend Sunday morning when the Lou Gherigs disease finally took its toll on him. It was so sickening watching him die such a horrible death. Making funerall arrangements aint no fun either. I miss him so much, and he has only been been gone a day and a half. I feel like I have been cheated and he has been stolen away from me due to that terrible disease. I am sorry for sounding selfish, but I just need to vent some. I still have the calling Tuesday and the burial Wedensday. I just hope and pray I dont go crazy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

stickman
06-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Ralph, I pray that God will help ease your pain and give you strength. I haven't lost my parents yet, so I can only imagine how difficult it can be. God bless you.

Jim

CarolNYC
06-15-2004, 03:34 AM
Ralph,
Im sorry for your loss-my heart goes out to you!
Carol

Rich R.
06-15-2004, 04:22 AM
Ralph, your father is in a better place and he is no longer suffering. Morn his death, but don't forget to celebrate his life.
Take care of yourself and your family.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

PQQLK9
06-15-2004, 05:28 AM
Ralph you have my condolences. I lost my Dad on 6/26/2000.
My prayers are with you.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-15-2004, 06:01 AM
Be strong Ralph. I'm sure you and Dad are in all our prayers.

Chris Cass
06-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Oh Ralph,

I'm so sorry. I know how much your Dad meant to you. If there's anything I can do please don't hesitate to call. Even if it's just to talk. I'll give you a call in a few weeks to see how your doing. I know it's tough for you. Your a good son and I bet he knew that yrs ago.

Your friend,

Chris

Barbara
06-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Ralph,

My sincere condolences go out to you and your family.

I pray that your grief lessens with each passing day.

Barbara

Sid_Vicious
06-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Ralph,

My experience in this is somewhat parallel to your's, being right there as things ran it's course, and yet hardly anyone can fully understand the total emotions and pains you are in, even me. I'm truly sorry that you had to go through all of this in this way. All I can say to you is what I said to myself after my ordeal was all over, "He's not suffering anymore, and I love him too much to wish for another second of that part of his life to return." I hope you understand me when I say that, it the honest way I felt at that moment. Life should not have to finish this way.

Take care Friend,

Sid

nAz
06-15-2004, 08:11 AM
sorry to hear this Ralph,keep in mind you had many great years with the man and that one day you will be reunited and what a wonderful day that will be. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-15-2004, 09:00 AM
My condolences to you and I'm sure your Dad is proudly smiling down at his son from his graduated stage of life.

Rod
06-15-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm very sorry Ralph. My condolences to you and the families. Life can be so painful at times; I wish you the best during this difficult time.

I went through deaths in the family a few years ago. I thought what next but life must go on. Loosing one of my best friends last year, which was hit and killed in a car accident, was so difficult to grasp. Life just doesn't seem fair at times.

Buckle down, chin up buddy, it's one day at a time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rod Elliott

Candyman
06-15-2004, 12:59 PM
I am so sorry Ralph. I lost a very good friend to that dreaded desease. This may sound strange to you, but you need to be happy that you can be so sad. There are people that lose relatives that really don't care. I lost my dad in 1965 and I still think about him everyday and I am glad. The sadness has faded, but the appreciation for what he taught me is alive and well. Don't hesitate to grieve and reflect. It is good for the sole. Take care of yourself Ralph. Our prayers are with you. Lock /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-15-2004, 04:47 PM
My condolences to you. Try to remember all the good times you've shared rather than what he went through at the end. This is a tough stage of life. I haven't gone through it yet, as both my parents are still alive. But I know that day will come sooner than I want.

DG

bluewolf
06-15-2004, 05:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing my father in 1997 was the worst thing I had ever been through. Eventually I was able to look at the good times we had before he got sick, but not for months. At first all I could feel just the raw pain and anger that he was taken from me.

Hang in there. It takes time, but eventually things do not hurt as bad. But I will always miss my dad and I feel it will be the same way for you. Things do get better but I think that you always will miss him.

Laura

Vagabond
06-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Howdy Ralph,
Please accept my condolences.
Vagabond

cueball1950
06-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Hi Ralph,,,My heart goes out to you so much, Like you i am also going thru the same terrible ordeal with my best friend. My wife. If you need anything or need to just talk. Please feel free to call me anytime day or night......mike

Ralph S.
06-16-2004, 10:53 PM
I would like to thank all my friends at CCB for the prayers and kind words that were said by all. I greatly appreciate the support and encouragement you have given to myself and my family. Even though I have not met very many of you in person, it feels like have met and known you for a very long time. Once again, thanks to all of you at CCB for the prayers and support.

Scott Lee
06-17-2004, 07:19 AM
Dear friend...I did not even know that your Dad had passed away, until CC told me last night, when I stopped in to see him, Spike and Karatemom, for a few hours visit. My prayers are with you. ALS is so hard to imagine for those that have never experienced anyone who has it. Your father has gone on to live our Father, in heaven, and he will be pain-free in a better place, for eternity. You'll see him again, my friend. God bless, and take care of yourself.

Scott