PDA

View Full Version : Book find

nAz
06-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Walked by a used book store last night and decided to check out the SciFi section, while there i came across two Billiard books "Byrnes Standard book of pool & billiards" in good shape for $2.00 and "Snooker Masterclass How to Build Big Breaks and Win" by Hendry, Stephen, also in good shape for only a buck! I also picked up "99 critical shots" for $4.00.
ah i gonna scour all the used book stores this weekend see if i can get lucky again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif anyone ever had this happen to them? wish i could found a onepocket book!

9 Ball Girl
06-15-2004, 08:46 AM
While my coworker was taking a weekend vacation some time last year, I forgot where, he came across one of those flea market thingys and found "The 99 Critical Shots of Pool" signed by Ray Martin (the copyright is from the 70s). He bought it for me and I wanted to compensate him for it and he told me not to worry about it 'cause he had only paid $2 for it!

Frank_Glenn
06-15-2004, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Walked by a used book store last night and decided to check out the SciFi section, while there i came across two Billiard books "Byrnes Standard book of pool &amp; billiards" in good shape for $2.00 and "Snooker Masterclass How to Build Big Breaks and Win" by Hendry, Stephen, also in good shape for only a buck! I also picked up "99 critical shots" for $4.00.
ah i gonna scour all the used book stores this weekend see if i can get lucky again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif anyone ever had this happen to them? wish i could found a onepocket book!

<hr /></blockquote>

Tim Galwey's "Inside Tennis" for $0.50 (paperback) and a Hardbound copy of "McGoorty" for $7.50.

Bob_Jewett
06-15-2004, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> anyone ever had this happen to them?<hr /></blockquote>
Yes, but I didn't realize it at the time. "Billiard Hints" by Charles Schweizer cost me $10 at a local book store, which I thought was a little high for a small 52-page pamphlet, but I've since seen it go by on eBay for $140.