PDA

View Full Version : Good prevails over EVIL...

Voodoo Daddy
06-16-2004, 07:02 AM
Hats off to the Detroit Pistons...first NBA title for Larry Brown <won NCCA title with my beloved Kansas Jayhawks> the first East Coast team since the Bulls in '98 and another title for them in 14 years. Also, the owner winning titles in NHL and NBA, what a story. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I love it when good prevails over evil.

Voodoo~~~wish's it was my Knicks but happy enough that the Lakers DOGGED it regardless

Wally_in_Cincy
06-16-2004, 07:23 AM
congrats to Larry Brown. He deserves this.

did they burn the city down in detroit as usual? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
06-16-2004, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> the first East Coast team since the Bulls in '98 <hr /></blockquote>
I don't mean to be picky,
but when did someone move Detroit or Chicago to the "East Coast" /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, I'm happy Detroit won, too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
06-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Sorry Rich...I should have typed Eastern Confrence, not east coast. I stand corrected and still happy that they won!!

Voodoo~~~picky picky

PQQLK9
06-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Also add the WNBA Detroit Shock to the list and thank my Washington Wizards for giving up Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and Richard Hamilton.
Larry Brown and Joe Dumars are class acts and they deserve the title.

9 Ball Girl
06-16-2004, 08:32 AM
I am extremely happy that Detroit won! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Especially since I'm not a fan of Kobe because, IMO, he seems to be more of a "showy" individual player than a team player, but what would I know. Yesterday's papers here quoted Kobe as saying "We will win tonight. I promise to bring the game back to LA." Oh well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
06-16-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm happy for Brown.
Hmm, let's see how good these Pistons are as people.
The old bad boyz were really bad and imploded later on.

Voodoo Daddy
06-16-2004, 09:39 AM
All but Dumars showed their asses...your right Joey!!

Rich R.
06-16-2004, 09:55 AM
No problem Steve. Some people think that everything east of the Rockies, is "East Coast."
I just wanted to clarify. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Candyman
06-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Let's don't forget that Larry was a pretty good ball player in his own rite. After a successful 4yrs with Dean Smith at UNC, he helped bring back the gold in the 1964 Olympics. He went on to a successful career in the old ABA and NBA as a player, before beginning his coaching career. CONGRATS LARRY

dg-in-centralpa
06-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Phil Jackson looked drained last night. Picking up Malone and Payton were the worst moves they ever did. They should have had Rick Fox play more often. He had been an integral part of that team for years. Let's see what happens next year. Payton has to get rid of his ME attitude and Malone should retire as well as Payton. They are washed up.

DG - still a Laker and Celtic fan

Barbara
06-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Well I for one am very happy for Larry Brown!! He deserved to win a Championship after all the BS he went through with Iverson for all those years.

Barbara~~~wishes they had traded Iverson instead of losing Brown...

Mr Ingrate
06-16-2004, 04:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I don't mean to be picky,
but when did someone move Detroit or Chicago to the "East Coast" /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>Well that's less in error than the geographically impaired who call Chicago the Mid-West. With Lawrence Kansas being around the center of the US, Chicago is actually in the Mid-East.

Ross
06-16-2004, 04:44 PM
I loved the fact that TEAM PLAY and TEAM DEFENSE in the NBA was finally rewarded. Do you think that Detroit's success is partly due to the NBA getting rid of those stupid anti-zone defense rules they used to have?