PDA

View Full Version : Blind man wrecks golf cart

Wally_in_Cincy
06-16-2004, 09:31 AM
PEACHTREE CITY, Georgia (AP) -- A blind man was charged with reckless conduct after he drove a golf cart through the city with help from an inebriated friend, police said.

Samuel McClain, 35, drove two miles through winding streets -- also accompanied by his guide dog -- before running into a parked car, police said.

No one was hurt, but McClain and Michael Johnston, 47, were charged with reckless conduct "due to the blatant disregard for public safety," according to police reports.

The report said McClain drove the cart Saturday while Johnston gave directions after having six or seven beers.

Peachtree City, about 25 miles south of Atlanta, has about 80 miles of paved cart paths and 9,000 registered carts that residents use for daily errands.

dg-in-centralpa
06-16-2004, 02:46 PM
This is the funniest thing I've heard in weeks, other than Kobe Bryant guaranteeing a Laker win in game 5.

DG - Phil Jackson looked like he gave up last night

Rod
06-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Good for him, I'm glad he had fun and not hurt. That had to be funny as hell for bystanders.

mred477
06-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Couple years ago a senile old man took a golf cart onto I-75 down here in Tampa. Said he was going 25mph in the right hand lane. Amazing he didn't get himself killed.

Will

Wally_in_Cincy
06-17-2004, 05:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mred477:</font><hr> Couple years ago a senile old man took a golf cart onto I-75 down here in Tampa. Said he was going 25mph in the right hand lane. Amazing he didn't get himself killed.

Will <hr /></blockquote>

A youngster of about 4 or 5 walked away from his babysitter's yard to a consignment shop for kids which was next door. He hopped into a Barbie electric car and drove it out to the main drag of Hamiltucky. He made it almost 1/4 mile before somebody could stop him /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif